Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric

What is so great about this lubrication liquid your pushing. Something new on the market or is it something thats been out for a while. They use a hydrocrack base stock or something different. How many miles will it go between changes. Your the sales man and I have faith in you but your gonna have to sell me on this one, lay it on me man.

Geno

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Geno, my friend, buddy, ......

Check out below link for many comparison tests

Bobistheoilguys Main Page

Here is the tech page direct from Schaeffer

#700 SUPREME 7000 SAE 15W-40

Here is a good possibilty to replace Grape Juice

Schaeffer Manufacturing - #740 SYNTHETIC LUBE E.P.

I have seen the famous Timken bearing test with my own eyes, I know what your thinking, everybody that performs those tests has the best oil... I provided the samples to be tested so I knew that they were legit, The Delvac, Rosmella, Valvoline, and some others all would lock up the wheel.... The Sch product would barely make it slow down, and you really had to put the weight on it to do that.. The others took very little force. I have also carefully inspected the chassis grease, I took mobil 1 syn grease in palm of my hand and used finger to swirl it around while water was being poured into hand, the grease would pick up the water and break down.. I fully cleaned my hands and did the same test with the Sch grease, the water just rolled off, it didnt soak into the grease or nothing.. Didnt wash off either. I was sold on those two products. Around here we have Meijer gas stations and they Diesel they sell is treated with a comprehensive additive package from Schaeffers, its some of the best stuff going. I am not an endorser of anything I dont think is good, those that know me know that. If I think something is good, I will tell you. I truly believe this stuff to be good . No BS.

Eric

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Well I've ordered 3 gallons from Eric today to give it a whirl and see what I find out. I'll be due for a change a week from this saturday. I'm even considering doing a Rotella Syn(which I'm currently running) vs a Schaeffer oil analysis at similar mileages.

If anyone can refer me to a cost effective(READ CHEAP!) place to get them done, I'll pony up for the tests.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Rick, I have some test kits that the Sch guy provided but Schdoes the testing, so it wouldnt be the best for us... As we all would want an independent doint the testing to be fair...

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I agree a neutral 3rd part tester would keep it clean(no pun intended). Anyhow I'm sure someone here will chime in with something to point us in the right direction.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey guys, I picked up 6 gallons of the Schaeffer's on the 11th, put it in on the 12th. I only have about 400 miles on the supreme but I can say I do notice a slight change in the pitch of the engine. I would say it sounds like it is running with a little less constraint. Plus I did the Schaeffer's test with my own two hands.

·
Registered
540 Posts
AV Lube's kit is something like 16 bucks. Is that too expensive??

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
FirstDiesel,

No that seems like a good price. I've got a little over a week to get the sample bottles, so I'm looking for all available options.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Eric, glad u tried the grease too.

This is all we have used for 25+ years.

We started using to keep mud runners from eating up the torrington spindle bearings.

I also use it for wheel bearings too.

Can u still get the 7000 in 5 gal. buckets ?

I've still got a couple of buckets on the shelf and it was $9/gallon.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has anyone done this test with any of the full synthetic oils ( ie amsoil-mobil-chevron ) not the semi

Geno

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Geno, I think it has to do w/ the Schaeffers oil having 'moly'.

I don't know if the other full syns have moly or not.

Ponz, as for mileage I doubled the drain interval in our semis 12,000 to 25000+ miles (w/ oil testing).

I won't say what U should do on change intervals, but do the testing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts