Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Has anybody used the scan guage for the fuel side troubleshooting and or checking on rail pressures and fuel delivery... seems like a relatively in expensive way to go

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same here, injector leaks have me hazing when truck is warm and I want to get a scanner / tool for injector shut off and future flashing. I'm pretty sure my EFI is locked but saw an update that could unlock my box.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pretty sure scan guage is not the way to go there... they seem to be only for monitoring similar to torque pro app....

I think the efi live is looking like the way i would go in your case... and really dont trust me cause i am brand new to this...

now what makes you think the injectors are locked out and how would that happen... and how would you know

·
Registered
4 Posts
The light gray smoke during idle and takeoffs (slow ones, ha) usually comes from injector leaks and/or air coming in before the injection pump. Either way, I heard a certain programmer can shut off injectors, so I'm down with getting an EFI Live for that if it'll do both the injector elimination process and later down the road do the program changes. Thanks for the advice. Maybe we'll get some more answers... sorry, not trying to hijack your thread.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
take a look at the scan gauge website on what it is capable of showing on the duramax. IIRC fuel pressure is not on the list, but check anyway. It does let you look at balance rates on at least some engine versions, LLY for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts