Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I scan the computer for codes with my banks six gun hooked up? I have the speedloader also. I was accelerating to pass another vehicle in 5th and I am pretty sure I limped the transmission. It slammed into a lower gear and wouldnt shift back into 5th and the Check engine light came on.

Should I disconnect the six gun to scan codes or leave it hooked up?

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Can I scan the computer for codes with my banks six gun hooked up? I have the speedloader also. I was accelerating to pass another vehicle in 5th and I am pretty sure I limped the transmission. It slammed into a lower gear and wouldnt shift back into 5th and the Check engine light came on.

Should I disconnect the six gun to scan codes or leave it hooked up?

Thanks
Dave
Dave you don't have to unplug the Banks to scan for codes. You did limp the tranny and will probably see an p0700 code or a p0802 if I remember correctly(thats what mine did when I limped it). You should be able to cycle the key a couple of times to get it out of limp mode and clear the codes with a stop at the Autozone or something, and for goodness sake, take it easy:lol: .

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

I am gonna have to turn the knob down a little I guess. I am trying to have a car fund and dont need to be buying a tranny for the dmax. I didnt think the banks was enough power to limp the trans. I guess I was wrong. Ill get the codes scanned and see what happened.

Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
I thought it would do the samething if it was not getting enough fuel.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I scanned the codes. It was P0735. I guess I will have to take it easy for now.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts