Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a motorhome on a 2006 C5500 chassis with 6.6L (LLY).
The check engine light remains on so...
I purchased a Autoxray AX700 code reader.
The codes I read are P2563, and P003A.

Question: Should I attempt to erase the codes and see if they return or just take the rig to the dealer. The unit is under warranty, but the closest commercial Chevy dealer that will work on a motorhome unit is 1.5 hours away. This is the reason I chose to check the code myself. Didnt want to make a 3 hr roundtrip run just to have them reset the code.

thanks

Roger

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
You can try to clear them and see if they come back, but with it being turbo related, you may end up needing one of them...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Codes erased

OK, I have erased the codes and they did not come back with ignition on, engine start, idling, or driving up and down the driveway, maybe 1/4 mile total.
Will I have to drive for a longer period of time, or at higher speeds to trigger this code again, or does a reset with no new codes mean it has gone away...

Please advise if I need to drive it, I will take it down the road.

Thanx

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
you should drive it 10-20 miles so it gets warm, try to watch things like coolent temp ,speed,engine rpm,road speed,try to see if your speeding up or on the brakes,it will give you some help if the ck engine light comes back on

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I drove the motorhome for 15 miles or so at highway speeds and below.
The CEL did not come back on during this test drive. Does the P2563 and P003A codes require multiple drives before it will come back, or is my clearing of the codes good?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts