Diesel Place banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question has been kicked around a lot. I am thinking about an upgrade soon because I can't seem to lay off the throttle, no problems yet but they're probably inevitable. The other option is to trade back to a gasser. Just wondering what everyone's opinion of the SCIII is. Anybody wish they would have done more?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Mine has gone to hell and back..........TWICE...:D

I would go for the SC-IV as it is one step above the SC-III, but mine has worked flawlessly for the past 35K miles and has made many trips down the 1/4 mile. At the time the only kit available was a SC-III and again, it has held up just fine.

I am not worried.

T;) NY

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
SCIII is great bang for your buck. SCIV is what I would do as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
trying to get by a little bit cheaper, but i see what you mean. Did you guys do your own installs??

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Yes we both did. SCIII is a great choice if you are on a budget. I don't regret it for a second.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
I did my own install!! :D Suncoast IV...after all was said and done, it wasnt that much more expensive than a Suncoast III. The SCIII is a great value tho. Lots of holding power for the amount of $$$ it costs.

--Ben

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dont know if i trust myself to tear a tranny apart, i'm one of those guys that ends up with extra parts when its all over with.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there anything else a guy should do while it's all apart? Any extra parts or braces you would recommend??

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Honestly working on this trans is easier then it sounds. I know what you mean by the extra parts thing but you will remove everything in order and put it back in order. There isn't too much you can screw up. But if you aren't sure then get a pro to do it. Make a drive up to MI and get Eric to do it and you won't be sorry.

The other option is to buy a prebuilt one from Eric and have a tranny shop do the swap.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Love my SC IV. No probs yet.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
Yeah I agree with Max Power...I was really intimidated at first, but once I got going and past the "bumps in the road" during the install, looking back on it it really wasnt that bad. Its quite simple inside. Everything just stacks up. With a service manual by your side its not too bad at all..

--ben

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Mine has gone to hell and back..........TWICE...:D

I would go for the SC-IV as it is one step above the SC-III, but mine has worked flawlessly for the past 35K miles and has made many trips down the 1/4 mile. At the time the only kit available was a SC-III and again, it has held up just fine.

I am not worried.

T;) NY
Yours and Mine both :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
No issues with my Suncoast Stage 3. Been installed for about 18 months. Merchant did my install.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone being disappointed in the SCIII. I went with the IV because it wasn't that much more $$ and I never know what I may be doing to this truck in the future.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts