Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to say hello to everyone who lurks in the realm of the "The Diesel Place". Too I would like to know if anyone can tell me why my truck seems to have lost some power. It seems to be a little sluggish since the day I bought it. Please keep in mind that I bought it used. it had 27,000 on it when i bought it.

Thanks,
New to the diesel thing

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Welcome aboard. First tell us more about yoru truck...year, mods, etc... please create a signature with this information.

It looks like an 05 so I'm goign to move this to the LLY forum. The section you posted in is mainly for Forum specific issues and information.

my first suggestion is to check the fuel filter..if it has never been changed, change it.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Welcome to Diesel Place. You can do a search to see why your truck is slow;)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Welcome to Diesel Place. You can do a search to see why your truck is slow;)
True, but your making an assumption that he knows what to look for.

I'll freely admit that when I purchased my truck I didn't know the first thing about diesels. I've built and raced gas and alcohol engines but didn't know the first thing about diesels - other than that they use a glow plug to get things started.

I read everything I could find, read archives on many different sites, and now I'm hot-rodding my diesel and LOVING IT!

From all the places I've been, I have to say that The Diesel Place has been the most concise, friendly, and helpful.

Hand here and you'll learn alot! I'd start saving for tires now.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome aboard :).

You'll find that you can get any/all your questions answered here. Great bunch of guys/gals always willing to help.

·
Registered
31,525 Posts
Greetings newdieselman!:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Try changing the air filter also, mine became a beast again. I dont watch the little vaccum meter thing. I change it every oil change weather it needs it or not. Its just money , i guess ill make more

·
Registered
9 Posts
welcome, welcome, welcome..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts