Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man Im driving home for lunch and I see an 04 Chevy. I dont really care much for the 03's as I really like the 01-02s. I look and man I dont even know what color it was, It was like a cross between yellow a gold and light beige. As I come up on it I see its a Duramax.. my window already being down (smoker) I hear it whistling on by. I think it was my first LLY sighting, It wasnt as whistly as an AFE setup, But if it was an LB7 he did something to the intake.

No big deal, aint like a spy sighting, But it had the be the best looking untouched stock truck I have ever seen. Man that color was PISSER, Im jealous. If my math worked a little bit better for me at the time, Id be ordering up one right now.

Bill

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Was it a 2500 3500 or a 3500 dually?

Reg or crew cab?

4X4?

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Well Bill, without a doubt in my mind what you saw was the sandstone metalic. I'm guessing it was a little cloudy there today...add sunlight and I bet you'd think a little different. I've seen three trucks that color, it does look pretty good on a cloudly day or when it just isn't very bright out. The first one I saw was in the bright sunshine, not a pretty sight IMHO, my co-pilot agreed. It looked real bland and fleetish to me.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Does it look like this then.... My 04 is Sandstone...

·
Registered
245 Posts
My 02 was Pewter and it took a bit to grow on me. I hated the charcoal color interior with my yellow lab. The tan doesn't show a hair now. Wife likes that much better.

It seemed like you could only get an HD in Red, White or Pewter in Arizona.

cmc

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hey CMC-GMC, nice truck, are those steel wheels? Would you like some PYO's with GMC center caps cheap? No tires, just wheels and caps.

email me [email protected].

hammer down!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it was pretty cloudy today, Who knows when I will see it again. Im gonna call up this Chevy dealership in CT tommorrow, They had 45 Dmax trucks on the lot when I bought my 2002. They had more in one lot then every Chevy dealership in CT. My bets are on the have 5 or more LLY on the lot right now. I guess they order trucks with fake names and cancel the order after its been recieved or some BS like that

It definitely wasnt the Sandstone....I already have a Lt Pewter truck...that colors really close. Is their a color called birchwood? I think it might of been that.

Grady It was a 2500HD 4x4 Ext Cab Shortbed. And it was mint.

The dealership I am referring to is Davidson Chevrolet in Canton Ct. They had more Dmax trucks then everything else combined. Full lot. Awsome prices too

Bill

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Well if it was the silver birch, you're right, it is sweet! I've only seen one truck that color, a Sierra Denali. I'm not a fan of silver, but I really like that particular shade...much better than the pewter IMHO...

Ox

·
Registered
245 Posts
Chevysrus, you got mail....

"They had 45 Dmax trucks on the lot when I bought my 2002"

Is it me or do the dealers seem to be stocking less trucks on the lot these days. When I bought my 02 ever dealer in town had 15-20 HD's (4-5 DMAX) to look at. When I went in search of my 04 maybe and I mean maybe they would have 2-4 HD's and if your really really lucky one would be DMAX on the lot. Both times I went looking were the same time of year. Hmmm. The dealer says they still sell the same amount but I doubt it unless they are all ordered.

cmc

·
Registered
51 Posts
Its kind of funny to me that the dealers in the Clear Lake area of Houston don't stock that many D/Max trucks. The GMC dealers in Dickinson and Texas City don't seem to carry them at all unless special ordered by a customer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts