Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice idea now I need to find stock look a like gauges. Not too hard panel very flimsy after cut. looks factory now. Any help with gauges would be nice DSCF0082 (Small).jpg

DSCF0083 (Small).jpg

DSCF0089 (Small).jpg

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Nice work, not an option for those of us with 4wd trucks, though.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 4x4. ordered it that way . I had to beat the manager up but got it. I had to give up the center consel, but a new shift desgn is in works and I will have both.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Oops! You have a manual tranny then? I have my 4x4 transfer case selector switches in that part of the dash.

As far as gauges, in another thread it was pretty much decided that the Isspro gauges with red needles and blue light covers most closely matched the OEM gauges.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. As soon as Camper Bob makes my new and inproved transfercase lever I will post pics of the install and consel install.I want it to lok like a Hummers case lever as much as possible

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
:cool_shad What material did u use to fill the area. Looks good. Thinking of transfering my a-pillar gauges to that location.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hobby store styrene, loctight plastic epoxy and fiber bond with spot puty. the trick is from my model building days is to use super glue and excelerater between styrene to make strength. That section is stronger than the whole dash bezel now. I have a thermal molder from way back when I made 1/24 scale 4x4 parts that will accept a piece as big as the bezel and make them for all of us.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Tom -

You can get the manual shift case with the Allison. Always have been able to. Most dealer inventory is push button, though...

Ty

Oops! You have a manual tranny then? I have my 4x4 transfer case selector switches in that part of the dash.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
name is Ray and yes I ordered the man shift with a fight less the center consule I won. I have been building lifted trucks since 86 so Ill have a custom shift for my added center consule H1 style.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Tom -

You can get the manual shift case with the Allison. Always have been able to. Most dealer inventory is push button, though...

Ty
He was directing it to me, Ray. Really? I had no idea that a 4x4 with Ally was available with a manual transfer case! Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry I have had many of confrontations fro GM pros or this and won many of bets too with the floor shift. Seems west and mid coastall have push and hope. Same here in East but if you have a volume stealer they can get what you want even if you have to stand on there head to order insted of taking inventory that a manager thinks is what JOEQPUBLIC wants.:blahblah:

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've got the manual shift on the floor, that looks good there just installed a pillar today with gauges

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im old school, I need to see mechanical feed back not computer. Its only as smartas the guy pluging in the info. so cut it up and make it lookas if it was always there.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey ID does the aux tank feed your main the monitor fuel level from that? and if so does it show % from both used like trans flow? I love the thru the cap fill stealth looking!!:ro)

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Hey ID does the aux tank feed your main the monitor fuel level from that? and if so does it show % from both used like trans flow? I love the thru the cap fill stealth looking!!:ro)
Mine is an American Tank www.auxtank.com kit. It came complete with a wiring harness, hoses, clamps and a 6-way valve (Pollak). The valve is frame-mounted ahead of the fuel cooler. One toggle in the cab swaps tanks. In-service tank receives recirc flow through the fuel cooler and the in-service tank sender reads out on the factory gauge. The rollover fillerplate, fill line and through-the-cap is all my work. It was tough taking a saw to make a 10" hole in the top of a brandy new shiny $1000 fuel tank!;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts