Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys I was not clear in my last post, I apologize. Wondering who has it (mobile) and some 411 on it if you can. Thanks Davey

·
Registered
693 Posts
ITs overpriced and a [email protected]$# to install and you have to drill a hole in your roof. Installed one in a hummer once, Directv I belive

Dunno how the picture was outside the shop

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Are the dishes coming down in size? The one I saw was a large globe, about 24'' in diameter for mounting on a roof of a camper.

I guess you could disguise it as a large Napa hat like the parts delivery guys have on their trucks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't know which company, but I believe there are phased array type antennaes for these now...for you non-elecronics types, this is a flat panel type antenna that can be electronically tuned to be like a parabolic dish...

Mike

·
Registered
3,563 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
wow $4.99 isnt bad and my truck can look Like an AWAC spy plane ):h

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have one of these and love it when it works. I am on my third dish already, they last for a few weeks and keep breaking. Not sure why. the dealer keeps replacing it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have one of these and love it when it works. I am on my third dish already, they last for a few weeks and keep breaking. Not sure why. the dealer keeps replacing it.
There is something wrong...what is the exact problem you are having, I may be able to help. The KVH is by far the best one out there and is the smallest, we have sold them all and this one is the only one that we carry anymore. Audiovox came out with a new one recently but it is a little longer. We have also color matched a few of them to the vehicle and they look 10x's better. I cannot wait till they are the same size of an XM antenna, that would make someone a millionare!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Word in the stereo biz is that Sirius has finished testing Sat video in all the major markets and is set to release sometime in the next year or so. I don't have any specifics but I heard they were shooting for smaller antenna similiar to the 1st gen ones (small hump the size of a fist).

·
Registered
115 Posts
Word in the stereo biz is that Sirius has finished testing Sat video in all the major markets and is set to release sometime in the next year or so. I don't have any specifics but I heard they were shooting for smaller antenna similiar to the 1st gen ones (small hump the size of a fist).
I heard that 2 years ago, hopefully soon!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts