Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who can tell me how many GMC sierras, Chevy Silveradoes, and Ford F-series were sold last year?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Ford F-Series posted 901,463 retail deliveries in 2005, Chevrolet's Silverado had an increase in 2005 to 705,981 units. While sales figures are based on individual brands, the total sales of all General Motors' full-size pickup trucks, including the GMC Sierra, equalled 935,469 units.

Link to complete story...

http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=4023245

The way I read it says that GM is number one in reality, but because of marketing, Frd places first. Enjoy the read.

Bill

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
"Ford F series number one for 28 straight years" :rolleyes:

Yeah untill you add in the sales of the GMC Seirra. Then it's a different story, but they don't tell you that!

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Wow 700,000 Chevy's but only 230,000 GMC's

Didn't know there was such a big number diffrence between the two.

·
Registered
405 Posts
If it's all the same why do they label it different? Why not shut the Ford boys up and while there at it save a few pennies with just one bodystyle. :exactly:

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
If it's all the same why do they label it different? Why not shut the Ford boys up and while there at it save a few pennies with just one bodystyle. :exactly:
Sales numbers are the only thing you guys can brag about

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
At one time it was all F-series trucks not sure now and it use to be that when it left the factory is was a sale even tho it wasn't sold to a person. GM on the other hand are counted only if they are sold to a person.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Sales numbers are the only thing you guys can brag about
I'm being serious. GM is killin themselves for what? They need something to brag about so why not streamline the process? It saves them money and in the long run will probably make them a few dollars. Lord knows right now both companies need all the help they can get! :exactly:

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Doing it just to say we sell more trucks wouldn't be worth it. They should do it to save money, they are the same trucks anyways just minor sheet metal changes.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I'm being serious. GM is killin themselves for what? They need something to brag about so why not streamline the process? It saves them money and in the long run will probably make them a few dollars. Lord knows right now both companies need all the help they can get! :exactly:
I agree, and while they're at it, get rid of BUICK, PONTIAC and SATURN!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just So You Like It.

Does it realy matter who sold the most? As far as I am concerned If GM only made one I would buy it because it's what I like. Ford byers buy Fords because they are just a little strange and they like Fords. As far as Dodge is concerned, we both need them so as to have a realy inferior truck that both Gm & Ford buyers can look down on.
Thats my story an I'm sticking to it.

Duramax/Allison: Gods gift to intelligent pickup drivers.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :grd:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would like to see Cadillac, Chevrolet and Saturn as the import fighter. Get rid of Buick,Pontiac and GMC. :grd:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Does it realy matter who sold the most? As far as I am concerned If GM only made one I would buy it because it's what I like. Ford byers buy Fords because they are just a little strange and they like Fords. As far as Dodge is concerned, we both need them so as to have a realy inferior truck that both Gm & Ford buyers can look down on.
Thats my story an I'm sticking to it.

Duramax/Allison: Gods gift to intelligent pickup drivers.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :grd:
How about glow plugs,overheating,ECM's and Fords poor performance all well as you cant keep em out of the shop (6.slow). I'll stick to my simple old 5.9 tried & true Cummins any day:lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Where are the GMC LBZ's built? Is there more than one truck plant that builds these models and is a certain GMC plant better than an other. Canada (Oshawa) builds a GREAT truck, but unfortunatly don't manufacture the diesel models.....Thanks........Brad P.S. LBZ is the way to go??

·
Registered
64 Posts
P.S. LBZ is the way to go??
Just make sure you get in writing if you suck a glow plug in your motor and damage it,GM will replace the the motor instead of rebuild it

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wow 700,000 Chevy's but only 230,000 GMC's

Didn't know there was such a big number diffrence between the two.

I believe part of the reason is that their is a lot more chevy dealers than gmc dealers.

·
Banned
1,840 Posts
Doing it just to say we sell more trucks wouldn't be worth it. They should do it to save money, they are the same trucks anyways just minor sheet metal changes.

Its more that just a few "sheet metal changes"... its the GMC name. The name says it all. It seems like its a step above the rest, a higher class, the slogan "We are professional grade" says it all. I have owned both Chevy and GMC and i must say the the GMC is a nicer overall truck. It has nicer accents and the name says it all. Its the same as saying why not get rid of Cadillac and just make some Chevy's... its not the same. People get the GMC over the Chevy for the name. Some might get it cause they don't like the headlights or body trim but disregarding them they get the truck because of what the name says. That is probably the reason they sell much less aslwell... its not that people can't afford a Cadillac they just never look into them. Its not that people can't don't want a GMC they just go with what they know... and thats Chevy (numbers don't like 700,000 vs 200,000).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts