Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Very cool. Thanks.

It was interesting to see the 2wd 2500 Suburban with trailering package was listed as having a heavy duty cooling system. I wonder if it was anything more than marketing hype?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I did notice one mistake:bat: GM made in the pic of the 6.5. The pic was of a 93 engine. The cut out:eek: on the plastic "Turbo Power" cover for a throttle cable gave it away:HiHi:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I did notice one mistake:bat: GM made in the pic of the 6.5. The pic was of a 93 engine. The cut out:eek: on the plastic "Turbo Power" cover for a throttle cable gave it away:HiHi:
I don't get what you mean? I have a 1993 Turbo 6.5 with a throttle cable? :confuzeld

I love this post. It just brings me back to when I was 5 years old and the trucks came out, good times :rolleyes: but seriously, if I could buy one with <10k on it brand new, I totally would. Forget the new garbage

EDIT: I have been meaning to ask this, for 1993 REGULAR CABS, what were the possible seat configurations from the factory? In the post above I see bench, 40/60, bench+little arm rest, and buckets+center console which I dont care for. Did they offer 40/20/40? I want to install 40/20/40 (seat 3+ arm rest) but I do NOT want to drill. Not sure if the 95+ offered it for regular cab and if it would fit without drilling.

EDIT2: Oh god I'm such a goof, so the option list is literally up there, I was just looking at the pretty pictures. Some of the wording is hard to make out but it doesn't look like 40/20/40 was offered, I also didn't see a 'bench+arm rest' option like the one pictured in grey for the suburbans..... I need a 3 seater + arm rest combo for my 93 :(

·
Registered
678 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably had a bunch of extras to use up.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't get what you mean? I have a 1993 Turbo 6.5 with a throttle cable? :confuzeld

I love this post. It just brings me back to when I was 5 years old and the trucks came out, good times :rolleyes: but seriously, if I could buy one with <10k on it brand new, I totally would. Forget the new garbage

EDIT: I have been meaning to ask this, for 1993 REGULAR CABS, what were the possible seat configurations from the factory? In the post above I see bench, 40/60, bench+little arm rest, and buckets+center console which I dont care for. Did they offer 40/20/40? I want to install 40/20/40 (seat 3+ arm rest) but I do NOT want to drill. Not sure if the 95+ offered it for regular cab and if it would fit without drilling.

EDIT2: Oh god I'm such a goof, so the option list is literally up there, I was just looking at the pretty pictures. Some of the wording is hard to make out but it doesn't look like 40/20/40 was offered, I also didn't see a 'bench+arm rest' option like the one pictured in grey for the suburbans..... I need a 3 seater + arm rest combo for my 93 :(
Might be able to find a 40/20/40 out of a Sub/Yukon that will work.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
Thanks Guys.

I'm doing the ones from the 2000's now, and they just don't have the character of the older ones.
One thing I've noticed from going through so many, is that a lot of pictures get re-used in different years.

I just cant understand why I can find so few from the 90's :confuzeld. I can find tons from the 80's and mid 2000's

·
Registered
792 Posts
94 is drive by wire
Wow, two different style turbo covers......... some **** I never notice. it's like when someone told me diesel bumpers had two gigantic holes in them, I was like 'NO WAY', now I see them every time :coolnana:

Might be able to find a 40/20/40 out of a Sub/Yukon that will work.

Was that an option for the old interior? I don't see it there, then again, either the print is too small or i'm losing my eyes

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I have never seen the side fender light on any tahoes before

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Wow, two different style turbo covers......... some **** I never notice. it's like when someone told me diesel bumpers had two gigantic holes in them, I was like 'NO WAY', now I see them every time :coolnana:

Was that an option for the old interior? I don't see it there, then again, either the print is too small or i'm losing my eyes
There is actually at least 3 different "Turbo Power" engine covers. 92-93[slot for throttle cable, 94-95 same shape as older but no slot, 96?-2000 more rounded design.
Standard cab truck bench seats don't interchange with burb seats. I had a 91 standard cab with cloth full bench with arm rest. Not a real popular option.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Damn, i Need to seat 3 and I need to have an armrest.... And it has to be a bolt on. I guess ebay is my best bet. Hopefully 95+ fits because that would be easiest.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I have never seen the side fender light on any tahoes before
That's a EURO thing. Vehicles sent overseas are required to have them.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
That's a EURO thing. Vehicles sent overseas are required to have them.
They can keep them, it doesn't look right. :thumbsdow

Reactions: 90GMC62L

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Damn, i Need to seat 3 and I need to have an armrest.... And it has to be a bolt on. I guess ebay is my best bet. Hopefully 95+ fits because that would be easiest.
I have several "Flexsteel" bench seats with armrests and storage. I got my 1st one off Craigslist for $20!. The other came from the junkyard near me for $50 each. Much better fabric, padding and springs from a OE seat. The Flexsteel seats were $1200+ new. Very, very comfortable.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Here are some pics of one of the flexsteel bench truck seats. The only bad part about them is that they sit higher than a stock seat. If you are tall, your head may hit the roof. That is how I got this one for $20:bigglasse:thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,028 Posts

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Wouldn't it be better to put all this stuff in 1 sticky thread? The first post for general history; the next for the first year of the 6.2L; another for the following year... made by a staffer so only the staff could edit links, pics, vids, & docs into each appropriate post, which would make it MUCH easier for anyone else to find what he's looking for. After the first ~dozen posts for the years & any other stuff, unlock the thread for chit-chat & suggestions about other material. But all the info would stay at the beginning of the thread and be protected by having being posted by a staff member.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
Wouldn't it be better to put all this stuff in 1 sticky thread? The first post for general history; the next for the first year of the 6.2L; another for the following year... made by a staffer so only the staff could edit links, pics, vids, & docs into each appropriate post, which would make it MUCH easier for anyone else to find what he's looking for. After the first ~dozen posts for the years & any other stuff, unlock the thread for chit-chat & suggestions about other material. But all the info would stay at the beginning of the thread and be protected by having being posted by a staff member.
Thanks for the concern Steve, your right, can already see that members don't want to say much in these threads to keep it clean.

Already have plans on this based on what the 6.2 guys did. They made a thread to discuss all the years of info. They didn't want to clutter up the info, which was considerate and will do the same here.

All the years will not work in a post per year, take a look at how much stuff is posted in the 6.2 threads.

The years are simple to find, they are already listed neatly in the FAQ's with clickable links by year.

Each thread, will get a link posted in it, to the discussion thread so its easy to find over the years. Members can post up stuff they find in the discussion thread, and staff can move it where appropriate.

Just haven't got that far yet, life got in the way and health drained my energy. Will get it done, but have been buried in searching other info and interruptions.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
All the comments from the literature threads have been moved here and the threads closed, so some comments may seem out of place.

Each thread has links to this one posted for all to comment here or add what they have found here. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts