Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all .. a few quick questions about installing a in-line fuel pump .. says to disconnect the neg batttery cable.. i am assuming i do both batteries cause theres two of them.. also say to drain/filter /store the fuel. support and lower tank remove fuel pump inspect . flush and dry fuel tank...Is all this nessecary or can i just unhook hook the batterery cables and un screw it and change it? will it affect the pump if i dont follow the rules ?:confused:

Btw how do fat guys work on their lowered trucks.. or is it manditory to have a lift kit ?.. I can hardly fit under there anymore..running boards are hitting my belly..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
317 Posts
I wouldn't bother with all that. Just disconnect both the batteries for safety sake, remove the old one, install the new one. That simple.
But you may have to cap or plug your fuel lines once disconnected to prevent all your fuel from draining.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Well damn Jenn,

Crank that kid out and you will fit!! ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
hehehehehe...us 'fat' guys use car ramps....

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
hehehehehe...us 'fat' guys use car ramps....
NAAAHHH, JUST SUCK IT IN GOOD AND TIGHT:lol: , although those running boards are a bisnitch to fit under. The instructions that you have jenn are for a gasser, you don't have to mess with the tank to change out your lift pump. But you'll probably lose some precious go juice in the process:eek:.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I met 24Vchevy this morning.. up at 5 and down to the boat at 8:00am.. hes got a beautiful 94 like mine but with a cummins in it.. I said it sounded like a dodge.. he said bite my tongue.. lol i guess i should have:p: . no offence to the "fat" guys on here. I was refering to myself too.. wish i had the convenience of a warm shop and a lift thought.. be like heaven..
Just my luck my truck breaks down in front of him. he gets out checks it out..says i need the inline fuel pump.calls the dealer and gets me one for cost........ what a sweetheart.........thanks Chevy man if you see this .. you rock..
:cool: I am not quiet Ripe enough to pop this one out yet nvm..hehe.. so i have to make due..

Thanks marky .. was just making sure..:D ill:grd:

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Leave the fuel cap on, it will help slow the drips down while you change the pump out.:exactly:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
...and make sure you're not laying under all the lines, frame and pump when you finally crack the lines or you'll end up with a face full of fuel. I'd soak the fittings with some juice before you change this out. With the winters you get up there, the salt probably takes it's toll.

SnowDrift

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Park with front of truck up hill, let gravity help slow the flow as well

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks i got it done last night.. was rusted on but a little wd40 helped ....... today i install the window.....:cool:

·
Registered
308 Posts
vise grips ( lightly )
pinch the rubber line that drops down from the tank
to stop fuel from running out...whilr changing the pump.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts