Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the safest setting to run on with a stock tranny if you aren't towing anything but a light quad trailer and once a year a 8 foot camper.

·
Registered
695 Posts
without gauges you are guessing. I would not run over levl 2 with that setup while towing anything. The EGT can rise in a hurry and you don't want to hurt anything. AS always, its your foot that will make it or break it....

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Towing... I use setting #2.

Everyday..... I use setting #3.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I typically tow a 5000+ lbs boat on stage 1. According to the Hypertech website you should be able to tow on stage 3. I'm not sure I would recommend it, but they clearly state that you can do it. I wonder what they would say if you call them and ask what HP setting they recommend for towing.

Quote from the Hypertech website:

" Only Hypertech's exclusive 3-Stage Power Tuning program delivers street-legal power that's safe for towing, even at the highest horsepower gains. Diesel owners can safely choose one of three different levels of performance. Each level has been developed to allow sustained operation while towing the maximum allowable gross combined weight rating (GCWR) suggested by the vehicle manufacturer."

Here is the link to the page on the Hypertech website.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so HT claims safe has anyone's truck temp go over 1300 degrees while towing 12000lbs in level 3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts