Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '04 2500hd came with a 24 gal. tank mounted on the driver side. Does anybody know about an auxiliary tank I can mount on the passenger side in the same spot? Seems like a logical place to put another tank and I know that older trucks had duel tanks. I have seen the Transflow replacement tank and similar products. Is this the only real option? Any info/insights appreciated.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Yours should have a 26 gal. tank. Lots of discussion on this. There are many tanks available to you for whatever you're looking for. There's one type that mounts in the bed that doubles as a tool box. I think thats a cool idea. Hopefully someone else who's done this modification can help you out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have read the threads and never seen any discussion about an auxiliary tank that goes on the passenger side. I've just seen the Transferflow-type full replacements. Maybe that's the only way to go. I don't want a tank in the bed. What about a tank that goes under the bed where the spare tire mounts?

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I think the exhaust would be in the way for mounting one on the passengers side of the truck. You could mount one where the spare tire goes. I'm pretty sure the cab and chassis trucks have a tank mounted there. Maybe you could use one of those.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Thought there was one that went in the spare tire space.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
ya but on the chassis truck isn't the rear frame different

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I meant that I thought some aftermarket aux tank for that area was made but I can't find it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Uh, the exhaust is on the passenger side and the driveshaft in the middle. You'll have to get an oversized aftermarket tank to fit on the driver's side. Or one in the bed. But that kind of defeats the purpose of having a truck and a bed to haul stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.