Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With great mixed emotions I traded my old '95. I drive alot and needed something a little more reliable that uses less fuel.
I like my diesels though, drove a new Jeep with the Mercedes engine and knew that was the one.

Going to miss blasting through 2' of snow in hunting season though, and hauling 2 cords of firewood in one load, and the satisfying rumble of the straight pipes and not caring if it is a little dirty and...

I think I will go take my duramax for a drive to feel better.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Right on. At least it is still diesel. I don't think I will ever own another gas truck. I am trying to find my wife a diesel something. I was looking at the Jeep Liberty diesels but they are hard to find around here.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Well, all good things must come to an end, I guess. At least it was for another diesel!

Just got a call from my dad, he's at the dealership looking at a new commander right now. I wasn't aware that they are offering a diesel in them. Or is it just for the cherokees?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the diesels are only in the Cherokees, in Canada anyway.

I would like to add that I would have sold it long ago if it wasnt for this website. I was able to keep it running well for reasonable cost with the information available here. Thanks to everyone here that knows more than me (everybody?).

·
Registered
352 Posts
Agreed, this place is irreplaceable, given the amount of knowledge floating around.

Clear on the diesel in Canada, I had not heard of the diesel motor being offered around here anyways.

Anyway, good luck with the new wheels. And stop by and make an appearance once in a while. Or to at least gloat about the better fuel economy.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Jeep, off-topic, be cautious

Anybody looking at Jee:Dp Lib:Derty diesel that engine was a colaboration in development, was a short-lived option I believe, and has known problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts