Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tried to find an "F" intake for my Mule, but an used part for an old bones, 200 $ + 125 $ shipping + import tax over the full amount ..... alot of waste money .... better save them for an intercooler project.
so now I'm thinking of converting my "S" lower intake to an "F".
welding an insert on the head side of the intake pipe is necessary, no doubt about it.
but for the internal compartment, the doubt arises ... it is better to mill the EGR turret at the height of the two EGR lateral ducts and weld an insert to block it permanently ... or completely mill all EGR ducts away?
what I am thinking with... is they could be left as intake trumpet.
so leave them there?....or delete/cut all?

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,943 Posts
I tried to find an "F" intake for my Mule, but an used part for an old bones, 200 $ + 125 $ shipping + import tax over the full amount ..... alot of waste money .... better save them for an intercooler project.
so now I'm thinking of converting my "S" lower intake to an "F".
welding an insert on the head side of the intake pipe is necessary, no doubt about it.
but for the internal compartment, the doubt arises ... it is better to mill the EGR turret at the height of the two EGR lateral ducts and weld an insert to block it permanently ... or completely mill all EGR ducts away?
what I am thinking with... is they could be left as intake trumpet.
so leave them there?....or delete/cut all?
Listed in the 6.5L FAQ page is a couple of methods for removing the EGR.
One is to press in a frost plug into the hole:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for reply

....but my EGR system was blocked more than 20 years ago when seen carbon built-up on intake.
..Eprom reflashed when replaced the factory turbo with kco HX40

Now i am changing the upper intake and i must lower the EGR tower and maybe take advandage from its design.
...or completely cuts EGR ducts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EGR tower blocking the upper intake

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts