Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finished installing s.c. Iv left trk. On stands put in gear ally does nothing ...............help P.S THE GEAR INDCATER LIGHT FLASHES IN GEAR

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
did you adjust the NSBU switch??

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did have to install new nsbu put back in same bolt marks as old also i move it but nothing the new one is brown instead of black i think its the same i check all elec. Plugs and speed senders aiso

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
Go more in depth how you put the NSBU on. Was there a little metal clip thingy? What did you do with it? If you dont index it right you will piss it all off.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Unplug the connector in the back of the tranny, see if it goes into third gear.

If your indicator is flashing that means that it's fail safing, most likely not a NSBU switch. Generally you won't have a indicator light if it's the NSBU switch and it won't cause a fail safe in the TCM.

Who was the shop that sold you the tranny, and where did you have it installed? Do you have a Tech II? Scan Tool??

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I dont think it was in nuetral when i put it on 1st time i did a search nsbu replacement took it off put in n. Put metal clip back on and replaced still nothing i unpluged connector does nothing installed kit myself got it frome eric he is gone for the week I RECHECKED NSBU INSTALL IT SEEMS TO BE RIGHT I THINK. ALSO THE LAST TIME I STARTED TRK. THE TRANS TEMP IS MAXED OUT HAVE NOT LET TRK. RUN FOR MORE THEN 15 SEC 4 OR 5 TIMES COULD IT BE AIR LOC.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The trans temp was not hot forgot to recon.plug still will not move ses light is on now i do not have a scanner to read

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
How does the dash readout work? If you turn the key on with engine off see if it shows the proper gear as you move the shifter. Park will be all the way up and each click you feel in the shifter is a new gear and the lights should read the same as you feel. You should get P R N D 3 2 1. If that's working I think something else besides the NSBU is your problem.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
You need to get the codes cleared and the CEL reset before this can be further diagnosed if you forgot to plug in the connector.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still no luck with trans have not drop pan yet it acts like the pump is not working we pulled trans cooler lines started truck nothing removed plug next to spin on filter started truck nothing or im i way out in left field when i put fliud in i put all 20 qts. In ran truck for very shot time and showed 4qts over never went down ......................

·
Registered
534 Posts
JIMDMAX - I was once told by one of the best that you could mix up the two green gaskets that come in the Transgo Shift Kit during pump reassembly--that it could cut off oil flow. I really doubt it possible but it's worth a look.

Take a look at your trans, when installed one of the gaskets has a tab at the top. Take a look and see where the tab is i.e., drivers or passenger side, front or rear pump plate gasket. Post the results and I can tell you tomorrow if this could be your problem.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I dont know about the allison but on ford automatics you have to fill the torq converter full then install it then install the tranny and fill it full. If you try and install the converter dry it will not pump up so you have to take it apart and fill the converter. did you fill the allisons converter before you installed it. once again I dont know about the allison tranny I am just trying to help with a suggestion

·
Registered
538 Posts
Thanks all. Just made my decision to have the dealer install my SCIV. I was hesatent...Maybe $800 well spent? I'd like to see your fix though. Good luck.

·
Gone but not forgotten member!
14,325 Posts
carcrafter22;1563983; said:
I dont know about the allison but on ford automatics you have to fill the torq converter full then install it then install the tranny and fill it full. If you try and install the converter dry it will not pump up so you have to take it apart and fill the converter. did you fill the allisons converter before you installed it. once again I dont know about the allison tranny I am just trying to help with a suggestion
Not necessary to fill the converter on any automatic trans. It is not a bad idea but no need.

·
Premium Member
9,683 Posts
Forget the suction filter or suction filter fell off in pan?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. Drain fluid and pull pan and make sure both trim valves are installed correctly and all parts are in the CORRECT ORDER! Call Mike or Eric to double check. IIRC i had the ball bearning and the spring in each others place in both Trim A and B valves.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
The truck will still move with the trim valves in the wrong locations, been there actually did that!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.