Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, gotta couple questiosn bout this tuner, i hear everyone talkin bout how this thing has 10 power levels up too 215 hp but i went to the quadzilla website and it said 4 levels with 215 and any other 3 hp settings you want, did i read this wrong or can you get eithet 4 or 10 levels, and also with this box alone on an allison would the trangso shift and good torque converter hold this, lemme know what ya think, thansk in advance

christman:ro)

·
Registered
754 Posts
I didn't read that on thier website. If you have an LB7 you can get the Race version which is 10 tunes, of which is the 215hp program and 215hp N20 program. You can also get the regular stealth tuner which is 6 tunes up to 135hp. If you have an LLY you can only get the 6 tune regular stealth tuner (up to 135hp). I do not believe you can get anything for the LBZ yet.

There are some that use the transgo kit, convertor and fresh clutches and hold any of Quads tunes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks for the help but i know i saw where it said 215 and any other 3 power levels you want but maybe i misunderstood, anyway, with the quadzilla box i know it doesnt measure egts, boost etc.. so i would have to buy them but does it come with a screen like edges where you can change power levels or is it one you have too plug back into the ecm program it differently and unplug it again, thanks again for the help,

christman

·
Registered
754 Posts
The current stealth tuner is a flash programmer, you plug into the data port and load and unload tunes. It is not an on the fly programmer, none of the flash programmers are (quad, hypertech, predator). Some of the flash programmer companies are coming out with harness boxes that incorporate on the fly programming, I think quad has this in the works, don't quote me on it. Guages for boost and pyro are nice to have, I have never used them, never got around to getting any. I've never heard anyone say "I would have beat him in a quarter mile but I had to lift because my pyro and boost were too high":rolleyes:

As long as your not going to pull a 15K trailer up a 5% grade for 2 miles on a high hp setting you'll be fine IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts