Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for awhile but I didn't like those bulky looking cameras. I found one by Straight Shot, it mounts on the cargo light for fifth wheel setups or on the tail gate for trailers. I like because it's small & looks great on the truck. When towing my 5th wheel I can use the camera on the rear of the 5th wheel like a rear view mirror. Didn't cost to much & you can either have it installed or do it yourself.

I posted a link on my web page: www.rickndannisanchez.com

Their link is : www.straightshotcamera.com

Edited by: Rick&Danni

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Nice Web site, My girlfriend is hooked on CSI also, I have to turn my head when the real gross stuff comes on. I like this set-up, It would be nice if you could also hook up a second camera to the back of the Trailer to see when your driving. You could switch between the two when you needed to, man wouldn't that make towing a breeze. Thanks for the Info!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Speedracer,
Thanks, you can hook up two cameras, one on the truck & one on the trailer. Check out www.straightshotcamera.com, there are now pictures of all the addons with prices.
By the way do you use a fuel additive and if so what are you using?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Rick&Danni

I haven't used fuel additives in the past, but I am going to start. From what I read the Diesel in California is lacking, I have started using Redline Diesel additive, but I intend to buy the stuff others on this Forum recommend, Primrose, Stanadyne, just need to make sure whatever you use it does not contain alcohol. Highly recommend secondary filtration.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been looking for Primrose in my area, but so far haven't found it. Do you know what stores carry it, WalMart, PEP Boys, etc.? Edited by: Rick&Danni

·
Registered
909 Posts
Looks like a must for anyone in the repo business!

Are their competitor brands out there to choose from?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts