Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1993 GMC C3500 6.5 ECLB Dually
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1993 6.5 has started running rough, a shop replaced part of my fuel line with a rubber line and now it will start no issue, then after ~5 seconds die. Crank for ~10 seconds and it'll fire up but run like garbage, rough idle, bogs when accelerating, the whole 9. I've put antigel in the tank, replaced the fuel filter (the old one was clean, but the bottom half of it was darker than the top.) I cracked the fuel bleeder while running in park to try and see if it was just water in fuel/air in the lines but it died after 1/4 turn (No diesel came out). Inside the housing was only clean diesel, but it wasn't very full.
What do I do now? Did I follow the wrong procedure for bleeding? Lift pump?

· Administrator
27,225 Posts
My 1993 6.5 has started running rough, a shop replaced part of my fuel line with a rubber line and now it will start no issue, then after ~5 seconds die. Crank for ~10 seconds and it'll fire up but run like garbage, rough idle, bogs when accelerating, the whole 9. I've put antigel in the tank, replaced the fuel filter (the old one was clean, but the bottom half of it was darker than the top.) I cracked the fuel bleeder while running in park to try and see if it was just water in fuel/air in the lines but it died after 1/4 turn (No diesel came out). Inside the housing was only clean diesel, but it wasn't very full.
What do I do now? Did I follow the wrong procedure for bleeding? Lift pump?
Try inspecting and tightening down that rubber line that was replaced.
Then test your lift pump

· Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
18,547 Posts
Kink on the hoses?
Air in fuel system? Did you tighten that valve on top of the filter?

Reactions: OkDually

· Premium Member
93 C3500, 10k GVW, Crew, LB, Dually ,141 Block. Replaced much in 2020
91 Posts
What part of the fuel line?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts