Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best way to run the attitude wires through the firewall? Are you cutting the rubber part or can you untape it and get it through the same hole as the factory wires?

Thanks for the info

2002 CC 4X4 2500HD

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
You can poke a hole in a exsisting gromet that has room for an additional wire .... Or what I prefer is to drill a hole carefully and add my own gromet, available at any autoparts store .....

Mac

·
Registered
429 Posts
Motohead,

I used a piece of brazing rod to poke through the rubber and get locations on both sides where to cut. Used a utility knife to cut a 1/2" in slat in the rubber. Electrical taped the plug end of the attitide to a small 180deg. bend in the rod and pulled it through. Took a couple of tries, but probably would have been a one shot deal if I had some grease handy (did it in the local 4x parts place parking lot).

Josh

·
Registered
408 Posts
GMCSLEHD,

BRAZING ROD. What Kind Of Work Do You Do?

·
Registered
692 Posts
I took the cover off the electrical box under the dash,the box will just unsnap for better access. Than there is a gromet that cames out from the inside it is where the wires for the accelarater goes thur the firewall. Untaped the wires on the other side and cut the boot just about a 1/2 inch, so the plug on the attutide would fit thru the boot easly,then after the wire was run taped it back up. Edited by: Teck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts