Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a FYI,
I am running the Ally additive and WOW, you can tell a difference. Smooth shifting is a BIGGEST noticed and seems to run a bit cooler (just a bit).

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Bodysurfer,

I've had it in since it was first talked about here. Can't say as there was any noticeable change in the trans. And I am hoping to say that for a long time.

jb

·
Registered
537 Posts
...been running it too for about 7k to 8k miles. No problems. Allison has always been good to me.

·
Registered
374 Posts
So how much should be added? Is it the SUV fluid?

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 bottle only.

This is the info:

Smart Blend SUV1 Transmission System Treatment

Part#16000

SMART BLEND SYNTHETICS Truck and SUV treatment is specially engineered and formulated with advanced SYNTEUM technology. It is recommended for use as an ATF treatment when replacing or topping off fluid for all Trucks, SUV's and Mini vans, 2x2 and 4x4 Automatic Transmission Fluids. (Except Ford type F and CVT applications).

SMART BLEND SYNTHETICS Truck and SUV treatment meets and exceeds the Aluminum Oxidation Beaker Test ABOT and reduces Total Acid Number significantly when compared to other products. The ABOT is specified by Ford and Chrysler to measure oxidation stability of all the ATF's recommended for their vehicles.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Can you find this at auto parts stores or from MikeL only?

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MikeL has some still....I THINK. Give him a PM. I have NOT seen this in any auto parts stores. But if Mike isnt stocking it anymore, then PM me.

But try MikeL first (support members).

·
Registered
149 Posts
How does this product differ from other trans additives on the market... say Lubegard?

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How does this product differ from other trans additives on the market... say Lubegard?
Not sure.....you should contact MikeL, he is the tranny expert.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Not sure.....you should contact MikeL, he is the tranny expert.
Yeah he said NOT to use it. I had a brand new bottle of Lubegard, but went ahead with Mike's advice and used the Smart Blend stuff.

...something about Lubegard being for conventional transmissions??

I put the Lubegard in my rebuilt TF-999 otherwise they said they would not honor the warranty, FWIW.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I called Mike L yesterday and he told me I COULD run lubegard(the platnium stuff).
I'm going to put it in today,I guess we'll see what happens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts