Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I hacked up my headrest and installed monitor in it. It is not perfect, but not bad for a first attempt. I'm sure the second will be better. Anyway, I was wondering, for you guys who have the monitors in the headrests, how is the wire run through the bottom of the seat? Did they make a hole under the headrest or what?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
570 Posts
The ones I have done, have had the wire run next to the head rest support (chrome pice) by adding a small hole. It's then run down into the head rest mounting area between the plastic and seat cover area....down the back, to the bottom of the seat. You then can run it to the location you need.

Note: Leave enough slack so if you raise the head rest it will not pull on the wire and move the seat in all positions to make sure the wire will not get cut or pinched.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Voodoo. I ran the wire through the hole the support bar went through and all the positions work well without pinching.

Just another question on the seat. Did you make the hole beside the plastic base or kind of under it? Did you do anything to the hole like stitch around it or put in a gromet?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts