Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not having much luck finding this out and am hoping someone can help. The previous owner of my truck installed clearance lights and t'd them into one of the wires near the light controls on the drivers side interior (See pics). The problem is he had it wired into something that was ignition hot, so they were on all the time.

I want to wire them into the running lights so they operate like OEM. Does anyone know what color wire that would be right at the light controls? You would think brown, as that is what is on the rest of the truck, but that does not seem to be the case, as I cannot find a solid brown wire in there.

FYI, do not offer wiring into the passenger side, or running the wire forward into the running lights somewhere, I have already heard those suggestions a million times! (kinda frustrating now!:mad:)

Please help me out.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump, need help please!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay not cool, i wired the lights into the passenger side for now, but still not happy because the lights don't flash and stay on with the unlock on the key-fob.

A stock setup will come on with the driving lights when unlocked in addition to coming on with the parking lights when running... how does that work, because the clearance lights are not on with the driving lights during the day... This is so maddening! lol.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I will look at mine today and see if I can figure out where the stock lights are plugged in at.

·
Registered
710 Posts

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
Try this:

Parking Lights+ brown + driver kick panel
Parking Lights- gray/black - BCM, brown plug, pin B2 (negative trigger, so you'll have to wire a relay)

If you have a switch or an alarm or keyless entry that has a negative output that you wish to use to switch a device that requires 12V+ such as a horn, dome light, parking lights, head lights, hatch release, etc., wire a relay as shown below to convert the negative output (trigger) to a positive output.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts