Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have the Westin Step Platinum Series. Very happy with them. I can't post a picture because I am at work. But I did post my truck in the "Lets see what your ride look like" thread on the 2500HD & 3500HD forum. 2nd page I think.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
I have Westin black powder coated and like them.

Lifetime warranty to the original purchaser.

No drill install. took about 1/2 hour per side.

GMC

·
Registered
232 Posts
I added a link to some pictures in my sig. Still working on it but I don't know how to hyper link it. Let me know if you need a different shot.

I figured out the Link. Should work now.
Edited by: WOJO 1

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOJO 1,

Thanks for getting the pics up! I had and still do have a bit of a time myself leraning about the great new features of The Diesel Place site (nice problem). I like the look of your steps, they appear closer to the body than many I've seen. That's more like what I want, I prefer them in close like that.

What tunes do you listen to on the 10" subs?

Thanks again!

2DAMAX

·
Registered
232 Posts
DMAX2DAMAX

Yeah, these steps are fairly close. My mother and mother in law can even use them well. They are around 5 ft. tall. Summitt is the place. Nice having them here locally as I don't have to pay freight.

And as stated above, No drill install.

I am a Country boy myself. Like the new and the old.

Still like the old Rock and Roll though. No way on the Rap or the head bangin stuff.
Edited by: WOJO 1

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I have the Westin bars and prefer them over the steps that are on my wifes Suburban. I think the bars have more room to put your foot on as opposed to the closeness of steps IMO.

·
Registered
170 Posts
WOJO 1,
What kind of deck do you have hooked up to your sub's hooked up to? I am trying to decide whether to go with a base audio system and upgrade, of just go with the 6 disc BOSE. Thanks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
It is just an old Pioneer deck that I pulled from my 95' when I got rid of it. Nothing special but better than stock. I do have a cheap Amp hooked to them though. Not bad sound for what it is but a lot of room for improvement. All in due time.

Man these toys are expensive.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I got my sideboard from trailboss. http://www.trailbosstruck.com/index2.html

(go to sideboards on the left index)

They are somewhat expensive, but very strong. My wife likes having a flat place to put her feet (in heels) when it is wet outside. I like the strength & ease of installation. They bolt right up to the existing frame mounts for the cab.

PDS

·
Registered
174 Posts
Here are some pix of the boards for a 2500. The 3500 DRW has a flare at the back of the boards to match the dually wheels. Both 2500 & 3500 boards are wheel to wheel, makes it easier to get items out of the bed or tool box !
They also have a back plate which keeps your shoe/foot from sliding across the board/tube and wedging between the cab & the board. That is a VERY nice feature in itself!

·
Registered
473 Posts
When I purchased my 03 the previous owner had already had Stainless Steel Luverne running boards installed. I am very satisfied with them. I have attached a picture for you. My wifes Tahoe has Factory running boards and I like the Luverne better!!!http://www.luvernetruck.com/

Edited by: BIGMoe

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have the Westin Step Bars. I like these because they have an oval step area that is larger and the open area gives plenty of step room. They are black powder coated.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I like the N-Fab bars by far the best. and you can have them powder coated to match your truck.

The only thing bad, is unless the truck sits several inches above stock the steps are to close to the ground. And the price

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the Westin Platinum nerf bars and like the fact that they mount close in to the body. I have seen other brands that stick out further and that might seem like they would be easier to use. BUT, I don't use the step when getting in or out so I appreciate the close in mounting. Now the wife uses the step and it works good for her too, keeps both of us happy.

Would be nice if you could try getting in and out of trucks with various styles before you buy to see what works best for your family.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts