Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My initial question is on Westin Running boards for my 2004 2500hd crew cab. Anyone have these?

I recently saw a new 2500hd with unlighted Westin boards that I thought ended at back end of cab. While looking for these recently I saw a set of lighted boards. When we held them up to my truck they were about 3"-4" longer then the cab. I want them to end at the back end of cab. I called Westin and they tell me both lighted and unlighted are 93". If anyone has the unlighted version; how long are they, do they extend past the back end of cab?

Since I want some that are the length of the cab and not longer does anyone have boards similar to the Westins' that fit properly. How about BAK or Onki? What's the quality of these? I'm primarly looking for running boards and not nerfs for 2 reasons. They seem to work better for small childrens feet, they cant slip off the back side like on nerfs and secondly I think they protect the lower side of truck from road splash better.

Thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
i have putco's full running board system. they are top of the line prefect fit , but you will pay for this product dearly. mine were just under 2000.00. and you have to put them on, thats not the installed price. they ship to you in a box for that price. www.putco.com

worth every penny if you can get your hands on that many pennys. i get compliments weekly over my wheels,tires and running boards. the most repeated reply." i've never seen a truck look that good before".

nice comes with a price

02 chevy drw cc lb 4x4 lt/ 10 lug conversion,xde 245r 19.5"alcoa's,afe,magnaflow,banks acutator,transynd,delvac 1, bilstiens,putco full running board system

www.chromewheel.com/gallerypages/johntruck.htm

www.chromewheel.com

www.putco.com

Edited by: tulsa1718

·
Registered
511 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
2MuchFun:

How were they to put on? How many holes did you have to drill get them mounted?

Thanks

Norm

·
Registered
389 Posts
norm

tulsa1718 here

if you are asking about the putco's above there are no holes to drill they are a prefect fit to factory. they come with all stainless steel hardware. the screws are 1/4" stainless self tapping all you need is a good drill with some power and a strong arm to push. two people would help because the cab section are rather heavy.

02 chevy drw cc lb 4x4 lt/10 lug conversion,xde 245r 19.5 alcoa's

afe,magnaflow,banks acutator,transynd,delvac 1,amsoil bypass

putco full running board system

38' prowler 365flts fifth wheel,with all the goodies,14100lb's loaded

www.chromewheel.com/gallerypages/johntruck.htm

www.chromewheel.com

www.putco.com

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I had DeeZee's put on mine. Several versions are available, I picked the "Elite" stainless model.

http://www.deezee.com

No prices there, you'll have to contact a local dealer, but they've got pictures including a QuikTime video about the install hardware and process.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was wondering about the boards that 2Muchfun put on his. I see they are still selling them on ebay. I need to put something on my truck when it comes in, but haven't figured out exactly what.

Norm

·
Registered
511 Posts
They took me about 2 hours to put on with crappy directions. It definately helps to have a creeper for this job!

I talked to them about the directions and they said they were going to improve them.

You use all the factory holes and have to drill 2 additional holes per side. They are very stable and solid feeling and not slippery when wet like the Westins I saw were.

·
Registered
448 Posts
FWIW, I have Putco's as well. just be advised you may lose some ground clearence with anybody's boards if that's an issue.

On edit, Tulsa they were right, that's one of the best looking trucks I've seen, classy, not overdone.Edited by: a64pilot

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have had both the J&J Stainless Steel Boards as well as the Deflectashield Trailback. My thoughts are:

1). If I had it to do again, I'd go fiberglass due to low maintenance.

2). The J&J look great and work well but are impossible to keep clean and shiny in Alberta. They accumulate dirt and are uncleanable, even with a toothbrush !

3). The Trailback work OK, but have grooves and are closed on both ends, so they trap sand and gravel and cannot be easily washed out.

4). If you are after tubes, I would also look at Waag who have a great looking product.

·
Registered
73 Posts
2MuchFun,

Thanks for the info. I ordered a set.

Norm

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yikes! I hope you like them!

Its hard to beat the price of $209 shipped to your door though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts