Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about installing some LED running board lights if I can find some I like. I'm thinking low profile and possibly recessed ... anyone know if they make a round 1/2" diamter or smaller LED light that can be mounted recessed (flush) with running board? If not, any suggestions on some smaller low profile LED lights that might work? I'm just trying to stay away from 2-3" style normally found on semi/camp trailers, etc.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have seen some individual lights like you describe at many different truck stops in many colors. If you drive on gravel roads you will need to protect the wiring on the back of the boards. Edited by: Blue Max

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I've been shopping LED light options for the running boards. Found these today and really like the look of the BRIGHT amber light put off by this light ... I saw them at a local semi truck accessory store ... but not exactly sure how they would look mounted as running board lights on my truck. I have black running boards shown in my sig link with the goal of finding a light that would blend in during the day (no amber lense) ... the LED's are clear when not on and bright amber when powered.

Here is the LED light I'm talking about ... only about 1.5" wide and 1" tall ... thinking about 6 per side just over a foot apart. I'd paint the stainless screw heads black so they blend in with the housing/boards. Thoughts? Thumbs up or thumbs down?

Edited by: tophog

1 - 3 of 3 Posts