Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a preferance?? I'm doing a spray in liner, then wanted a rubber mat as well. I thought I seen one with a GMC logo, but all I can find is a bow tie.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I did the same thing... I went down to the local Carquest and had them order the heavy duty mat... Then after a couple months i had some coin and time and got my spray in done... then put the mat back in and got double protection. The mat by the way has held up great, ive abused it on the farm and throwin snowmobiles in the back and still looks new...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet, I just went an bought a Deezee mat. It is custom fit, and looks great in there. I'll get the spray in liner in a month or 2.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
i got the Deezee also thru the dealer.it is RUGGED!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Rubber mat

Rubber mat over a spray in liner is the only way to go...The mats are cheep, xtra protection, and stuff (including dawg) doesn't slide all the place. When ever the mat is out (to use the GN) dawg, German Shepherd, 1 each, does not like riding back there.
He cant get any traction with his feets and is always being brought up short against the tie-in!!
He gets seriously pissed! ):h me Censored dawg

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
I had the DeeZee in my '03 8.1/A std cab long bed. That was a great bed mat! Bought one from Stylin Concepts or Performance Products (don't remember which) for this truck and it's heavy, but the damn thing leaves a black rubber mark on everything that touches it...NOT COOL. When I get around to it, I'll get another DeeZee at Farm & Fleet and the other POS will find a home in the barn. Wasn't cheap either.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't have any liner in my '05 Dually, but I did buy a rubber bed-mat from Tractor Supply soon after buying my truck. Best $70 or whatever it was that I spent. I don't really care if my bed gets scraped up, it's a truck after all. But, the rubber liner keeps my crap from sliding all over the bed and slamming in the front of the box and the tailgate (I'm not the slowest driver!).

Do it. Cheap for what it will really do for you.

Phil
'05 4x4 ext. cab LLY w/ edge
dually club member, but I don't remember what number...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I'm running a rubber mat over Line-x as well.. I had it, so why not. Extra Protection is good untill you can't feel it anymore!:). Ok that was sick.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
check out my garage for my setup. rhino lining over the rails AND a thick-ass rubber mat.

you know those heavy crates with the steel legs? not a problem.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Instead of pulling the mat out for the gooseneck, cut a hole big enough for your ball & chain (The one in the truck bed, not your sleeping bed) to stick through. Glue some magnetic from a sign or whatever to this cut out piece so it doesn't fly out. This allows you to keep the bed mat in for the dogs, while keeping dirt, etc. from falling into your hitch when it is flipped/removed and keeps a nice flat floor in your bed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts