Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had some very strange problems for a long time when switching back to diesel and i may have finally figured part of it out.
I realized almost from the start that when i switched to veggie the rpm's increase - if i keep my foot at the same place on the pedal the engine will speed up when the veggie power kicks in. Then the opposite will happen when i switch back. For a while i my curb idle speed was too low for diesel - it was fine on veggie - but when i switched back to diesel and slowed down too much or idled it would just barely keep running, kind of like chug, chug, chug, sometimes even with smoke out the pipes.

When i turned the curb idle speed up quite a bit it seemed to help solve the problem - i don't know if it is totally solved but i am not having the same problems as before.

I know others have said it could be a worn head and rotor, but for one thing i this pump was just rebuilt a few months ago and the tech who did it does not seem to think this was the case - plus it drives fine on diesel now especially at highway speeds. Plus it is not one of those earlier pumps that had the too-high tolerance between head and rotor.

does anyone have a possible explanation for this?
thanks,
paul

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hi here in Canada we have switch to ultra low sulure diesel in the past year and since i noted something similar when i don't use fuel additive .

My opinion the diesel do not lubricate the pump sufficient but the lubrication of the wvo do it just fine:D

Ed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.