Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use them ? Just curious, haven't seen them mentioned on this forum.

·
Registered
242 Posts
My neighbor uses them and is trying to get me to use them but there's just something about oil looking like oil not like purple colored fluid. He has 157,000 on 1 cadillac, 102,000 on another and 25,000 on his new vehicle. All royal purple.

·
Registered
444 Posts
From reading mileage reports, lab test results, MSDS sheets on the contents of oil packages I 've come to the conclusion that there really is not much difference between the top manufacturers diesel engine oils. Chevron, Mobil, Shell, Amsoil, etc except the price.

It also appears there is not much protection package difference between the Synthetic oil and regular oil. The main benefit to synthetic is it's cold temperature flowability and higher temperature limit prior to breakdown.

So... I decided that ease of buying and cost is the only big differences. During the winter I chose to run a synthetic (Rotella Syn) and the summer a regular oil (Chevron Delo or Rotella).Edited by: JohnnyO

·
Registered
861 Posts
i have heard great things about royal purple. they are very big in the racing world. i have never used them but have just heard great things about them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have used quite a bit of the royal purple oil in my equipment. I don't have it in my diesel yet as I am running the Amsoil for now. I use Royal Purple in the 351W in my rock buggy as well as the transfercase and am very happy with it. We destroy a lot of stuff and I feel the Royal purple seems to be reducing my gear wear and such. I also was the refrigeration engineer for a while at a beef plant and we ran it in a few of our 750hp ammonia compressors. Of all the oils we testing in those things, the Royal Purple was by far the best and reduced our electrical usage. I may switch my duramax over to it as well. Edited by: camp

·
Registered
704 Posts
I use Royal Purple in the Duramax, Allison, TCase, and both Diffs. Great stuff, and good price!

·
Registered
398 Posts
OK I'll ask the question, Where do you buy it?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Jegs.com

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have used Royal Purple in my drive train for the last 40K and have no complaints. I get mine at NAPA they stock it around here. I use Delvac1 in the motor and like that too.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've heard mostly positive remarks about RP. Me, I'm using M1 in everything, mostly because that's what readily available. But if RP was easier to get I might have used that instead. M1 ain't cheap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts