Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Censored

Well, I managed to round off the hex on my fuel pressure regulator whilst trying to get it out to shim it. Yes, I used a 6 pt wrench, but it still rounded off. What a bastage!

What are my options now for getting it out???

I've never 1093'd while running around hard on the 85 or 100 horse predator, but I was just going to to it as a preventative measure. How much power do you think I'd need to make before it pops a 1093 at me?

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
wow...im really surprised you rounded it off even with a 6 pt 18mm box end!

Only option is to remove the whole fuel rail I think...

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
My experience with P1093's were mainly when I had bursting. I always say (but don't always practice) If it ain't broke don't fix it. Good luck getting that B!tch out if you still plan on replacing it.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I can get them out after they are rounded, but it takes a little while. Ask Mcrat!! lol. I have a fuel rail I can shim the valve and send you the whole rail and send me yours back.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can get them out after they are rounded, but it takes a little while. Ask Mcrat!! lol. I have a fuel rail I can shim the valve and send you the whole rail and send me yours back.
How much of a mutha is it to get the fuel rail off?? Could you PM me the price that you had in mind?

Thanks.

·
Registered
593 Posts
clyde is the man when it comes to the shimming it took him no time at all to do mine it took longer for me to install a tuner he loaded me lol
rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
we just removed the rail and put it in the vice andbeat 3/4 inch nut on the stripped off end and welded the inside of the nut to the stripped head of pressure valve then one big pipe wrench and new ppe race valve later happy dmax driver

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
we just removed the rail and put it in the vice andbeat 3/4 inch nut on the stripped off end and welded the inside of the nut to the stripped head of pressure valve then one big pipe wrench and new ppe race valve later happy dmax driver
OK, I guess that will work. I go about it a different way though. I'm not a big fan of the "race" valve/plug.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Man that sucks. I hate rounding crap over. How you get it workes out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts