Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new Bully Dog PowerPup and I have it on the first setting... very impressive acceleration and power, but I'm not to crazy about getting the truck moving when its cold; its seems like a Military cutV that's goin' to rattle apart. I have the '05 Duramax with the Z6 manual trans. Does anybody have the same response with this programmer? I do admit that its much better when its warmed up. Any feed back would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Too much timing when cold. I'm not familiar with the BD products. Is this an inline module or a programmer?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding! The BullyD PowerPup is an in-cab programmer. The first setting is PLUS 50hp for towing and economy. This is where it'll sit until I get some gauges. Makes sense about the timing; it's just that the rattling has me rattled and I'm a bit paranoid about damage. I don't believe the engine is getting that cold- it's garaged here in NM and it never gets under 40degrees in there. I don't know... just being a bit wussish.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I had a Bully Dog plug in programmer on my truck and the rattle seemed really bad to me also. Others on the site have complained that BD is one of the worst for this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts