Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to leave my truck outside last nite, and the temperature dipped to somewhere around 32deg because my windshield had ice on it.

When I started the truck to let it warm up for a little bit, and let it idle, it was sitting there kind of surging and missing at the same time(that's really the best way to describe it). I could FEEL it doing this, but I could NOT see the RPM's going up and down at all.

I know that other people have had this problem, and I believe that it's usually associated with the injection pump.

My question is, can you see the surging on the tach when you have a bad injection pump, or is just something that you "feel" in the engine?

cadman_ks

·
Registered
520 Posts
CAD, its more of a feel and sound change and I've never seen my tach move when it's doin the chug.

Keep and eye on your oil pressure next time you cold start as I've seen mine bounce a little in rhythm to the lope.

My 01 has 26k now and always has a morning lope thats more prevalent in colder weather.

At this point I consider it a normal anamoly and have stopped worrying about it.

The one dealer trip I've made showed "everything within specs" but I'll visit a different dealer before warranty expires just to be sure.

Blake

1 - 2 of 2 Posts