Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting at a rather long red light this morning i notice my truck start to idle rough. Look in the rearview and notice greyish white smoke puffin out the tailpipe. Put the truck in neutral and idle picks up and smoking stops. Put back in drive and idle roughs up a bit and starts to smoke. Take off at green and everything seems fine. It has only done this one other time about 3 weeks ago. Its a 03 with 32k on the clock and always use FPPF at every fill up. Fuel filter was changed about 2k ago. ANY ideas as to what in the world is going on? I hope its not injectors.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I wonder if some of the problems aren't just dirty injectors - I would drop in a quart of shell rotella DFA and see if it clears it up... Look at the rotella website - sounds like you can run at higher concentrations without problem to get things cleaned up fast...

Mine was idling very rough and smoking alot in the morning - only 40 degrees and I only had 7500 miles. After double dosing it with stanadyne performance formula - smooth and no smoke - I now run it at a little stronger than recommended dose - makes the idle and cruise much smoother, quieter.

Don't know if it's related - did you see the other posts about FPPF and rough idle issues? Or maybe just a bad tank of fuel - I thinking adding the rotella will help...

jeff

Edited by: dmax lover

1 - 2 of 2 Posts