Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone running the new rough country lift,the one where you dont drop the torsion bars? I just got a 06 and was thinking about trying it but wanted to hear what others had to say.if not I think I will go with the CST or Rcd.

thanks
Jared

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
There is a guy running one on GMFS on a tahoe. Seems to be ok so far.
I wonder though on a heavy diesel truck just how sturdy that little link that connects the torsion bar to the a-arm is... I haven't heard from anyone running it on a HD truck yet.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I found this photo on the rough country website and damn the level cv angle looks nice.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats what i was looking at,the angle is the best by far and they give you two new cv sharfts with the kit,they say theres will run at a 50 degree angle with no problems,I might give them a call today and ask some more details.

Jared

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ran into a guy with the new rough country lift in the crew cab 1500 and looked it over and looks to be a really nice set up so i ordered one and some fabtech dual fron shock hoops and there new dirt logic 2.5s, will post how it comes out.

jared

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
The kit that comes with new CVs is the 1/2 ton EX kit that doesn't drop the differential. The HD X kit does drop the differential, just not the torsion bar crossmember.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just got back from the Off Road Impact show in las vegas last weekend and i talked with Rough Country for a while about their lift and CV's. It is a nice lift kit, i talked to the designer and he seems to be a really talented engineer. The CV's are sweet, the have a limited lifetime warrenty and a lifetime warrenty on the boots. He told me that i couldn't break them. They are about the same price as the factory ones and they will run at a 50 degree angle. That billet upper control arm is sweet, very $$$.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I met the owner of the of the Truck DieselMatt posted in St. George, Ut last June. He just came back from rock crawling it and the only thing that broke was the dang tie rods. He said otherwise he has no other problems with it. The truck runs a 8.1L gas motor was for sale when I saw it at SEMA in November.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts