Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy -

My family has an old (circa 1965) John Deere 3020 diesel tractor. We noticed fuel in the crankcase and have determined that fuel is leaking down through/behind the injector pump. The injector pump is a Roosa Master DBGVC4311AJ. Anybody know where I can have it rebuilt or buy a rebuilt one in the San Antonio, TX area. Any useful information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

T

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
trout;1602606; said:
Howdy -

My family has an old (circa 1965) John Deere 3020 diesel tractor. We noticed fuel in the crankcase and have determined that fuel is leaking down through/behind the injector pump. The injector pump is a Roosa Master DBGVC4311AJ. Anybody know where I can have it rebuilt or buy a rebuilt one in the San Antonio, TX area. Any useful information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

T
I am pretty sure Roosa Master is now Stanadyne. I think TexasDieselGuy mentioned that before. Look up a Stanadyne dealer/rebuilder.

Good Luck & Keep us posted.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i can give you a number to a company that rebuilds all my injection pumps but he is is houston you would have to come down here or ups it. He does good work i had him rebuild 3 injection pumps for our JD tractor.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
WilliamBos;1603318; said:
I am pretty sure Roosa Master is now Stanadyne.
Roosa Master has been made by Stanadyne for as long as I can remember. (Since back in the '70's anyways):)

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the information. My father is still in the hold mode. He wants to make sure it is the injector pump before we invest the money to fix it. My father is of the VERY frugal nature and wants to see if he can fix it himself or see if it is maybe something else.

Have a good one,

T

·
Registered
590 Posts
Check out deeres Parts Country Web site they have lots of good info and pics and drawings. All of the Farm Equip Dealers i have dealt with usually send them off to get re worked i am sure some 1 has rebuild kits for them though too i would look around cause Roosa Pumps were just about all the same for Deere, Case, IH just make sure its for a 6 cylinder is all you need

1 - 8 of 8 Posts