Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to install roof marker lights, is there anybody uot there that has a kit for this?

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Do a search, there are several posts on this subject and yea it's doable

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I strongly recomend using tophog"s instructions in the diy section. Just did mine last weekend. There was a spot on the pass. side fuse panel on mine for power that works with light switch. Install took about 3 hours. I used recon super white on mine. Look in my garage for pics.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I did it too, they work great. I wouldnt worry about drilling in the top, in fact, I'd rahter install them myself anyway...which I did.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
you shoulf have bought your truck with them because i would not want to dril holes in the top my my truck just to add lights but if you want to do it i would think you could just get all the lights and wire them up to your light switch in your dash so they turn one when the lights turn on

Take it easy on the guy. I'm sure there a ton of reasons why he didnt get them on it new. And try not to tell people what they "should" have done. It totally came across as rude and inconciderate. And please, again, start to use some periods because your sentences are 17 lines long and hard to understand. Not trying to be rude or anything but are you in a race with someone for post counts? A little over a month and 900 posts?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I had a body shop install mine. They charged me 112 dollars to do it. I got the lights seperate from Cabelas. The shop wired them in with my parking lights. It's kinda cool when I unlock my truck the lights flash with my parking lights.

William

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just put some Recon clear cab lights on yesterday.

Tophog's write up was very helpful and it took about 2 1/2 - 3 hours to do.

Not really too bad....just be careful.

And as far as what the other guy said....in my opinion...there's nothing better than taking a drill to nice shiny non-replacable sheetmetal on a $40k truck!!!:)

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Take it easy on the guy. I'm sure there a ton of reasons why he didnt get them on it new. And try not to tell people what they "should" have done. It totally came across as rude and inconciderate. And please, again, start to use some periods because your sentences are 17 lines long and hard to understand. Not trying to be rude or anything but are you in a race with someone for post counts? A little over a month and 900 posts?
Ya know, I noticed the same thing about the post count. This guy must be a genious....he seems to know everything about everything....:rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
900 posts in 2 months:eek: ! Yeah, I was noticing the barrage of stuff the last few weeks too... Seems to have ALL the answers except spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, paragraphs, capitalization, etc...

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
900 posts in 2 months:eek: ! Yeah, I was noticing the barrage of stuff the last few weeks too... Seems to have ALL the answers except spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, paragraphs, capitalization, etc...

You got that right. I hate to be rude, to anyone. However, a "barrage" about sums it up. I'm gettin annoyed. Other people are gettin annoyed as well. He got called "awful nosey" in another post.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I hate to pile on the guy, but here it goes. Maybe if he had his own truck, he wouldn't have to tell everyone else what to do with thiers. JMO. First dumb a$$ to 1000 posts wins I guess.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
I hate to pile on the guy, but here it goes. Maybe if he had his own truck, he wouldn't have to tell everyone else what to do with thiers. JMO. First dumb a$$ to 1000 posts wins I guess.

Just hit it on the head....Where is he anyways? Usually he's got about 77 posts since noon. Maybe 11 graders do have a full day of school now a days.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
I'm gonna bust him out when he shows up.......Politely.

900 posts in a month and a half. No sig, no garage. And he knows everything. Hmmmm. Lets do the math.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the replies.Just to put a few minds at ease,I bought the truck off the lot.The only thing it did'nt have was the roof lights, Thanks again.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Just to put 1 mind at ease...Dont sweat it. I think the roof markers really look good. Good luck...And it dosent look like East Marion in your avitar...Looks nice though.

·
Registered
276 Posts
you shoulf have bought your truck with them because i would not want to dril holes in the top my my truck just to add lights but if you want to do it i would think you could just get all the lights and wire them up to your light switch in your dash so they turn one when the lights turn on
Speak for yourself - you might not be competent enough to do it, but I guarantee you that the factory installed lights will leak before mine ever will.
Go for it MEANMAX - great addition to your truck!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I used Tophog's writeup too. Worked like a charm. It took about 3 hrs and several beers. measured several times.

one thing to make sure of when you do it is that you have fresh silicone...
I thought was safe with a tube i had in the toolbox and a fresh tube from Kmart...the new tube from kmart was hard as a rock. :( managed to get enough out of the old tube luckily.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts