Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about adding the roof lights to my 2003 ... the High-Five kit which I think someone said are the same part numbers as the OEM lights.

Has anyone had any negative experiences with them such as leaking or creating wind noise going down the road? I realize they'll leak if not sealed good but was wondering if anyone had a hard time sealing them, etc. Definately don't want to install something I'll regret as they really can't be undone.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Hog, what is a "High-Five" kit???

I have been looking into installing the lights myself but have the same concerns as you.

Thanks, Nathan

·
Registered
463 Posts
tophog said:
I've been thinking about adding the roof lights to my 2003 ... the High-Five kit which I think someone said are the same part numbers as the OEM lights.

Has anyone had any negative experiences with them such as leaking or creating wind noise going down the road? I realize they'll leak if not sealed good but was wondering if anyone had a hard time sealing them, etc. Definately don't want to install something I'll regret as they really can't be undone.

Mine are factory and have been 100% trouble free.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HD-Nate said:
Hog, what is a "High-Five" kit???

I have been looking into installing the lights myself but have the same concerns as you.

Thanks, Nathan

Here is a link to the Hi-Five light kit. I know I read somewhere recently a person said the part numbers were exactly the same as the GM OEM lights. Look the same to me.

http://etruckaccessories.com/series.plx/33/1064/1848

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
THANKS for the links tophog,

I never cared for the 3 in 1 center lights but I want to stay true to the year of the truck.

Any sources for the rear lights below the tailgate anyone???

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The red LED strip type light below the tailgate is the OEM light found on the 3500's. Source there is GM part # 15744722 There's also a full length led strip light called the "Line of Fire" light available aftermarket.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I would love to add the OEM lights but worried about the square hole. And the OEMs are out of control in the $$$$. But still would like to get them and wire them with the factory harness....parking lights on....marker lights on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I put the hi five on my truck and it was very easy. I test the water tighness by shooting them with a presssure washer and there where no leaks whatsoever. The square holes are only for the factory lights and the pieces that come with the hi five are not used, when the hood is stamped at the factory they use a square hole as it is less likely to distort. I also have the line of fire and it was very easy also to install. let me know if you have any more questions or want more pics they where both very easy. the hi five has the exact part number on it as does the oem light.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I put my High-Five kit on about 4-5 months ago - absolutely no problems what-so-ever. I used rubber grommets in the wire holes and blobs of silicone sealant around the (round) screw holes.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kal-El, thanks. Good info. How did you determine the correct location to mount them and what is the "duct tape" procedure I've heard some talk about? I have the Onstar antenna to work around but not the OEM XM antenna. I assume you just screwed the lights directly into the roof? Did you use a rubber grommet or anything for the hole the wires pass thru? Getting them positioned correctly is my biggest worry. If you've got any more closer picts could you email them to me or post? [email protected] Edited by: tophog

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
i measured a buddys roof lights and used that as a guide. I started with the cluster as that was the easiest because it is in the straightest part of the roof, when i got it centered i used a sharpy and just used the screw locations to mark where to drill the hole. It says to use a center punch to avoid the drill from walking but this would dent the roof so i just used painters tape (blue masking tape) and covered my roof with it and then when i had it centered i used the screw holes in the light and pushed a sharpie thru to mark it moved the light and drilled (i bought a couple of new bits so they were really sharp and wentslow and they didnt walk). I took the front of the headliner down and running the wires was easy, staight to the passenger side and down the a pillar to the passemger side junction block. I will try to take a pic from above and photo shop in the measurements from side to side front to back and so forth.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Kal-El said:
It says to use a center punch to avoid the drill from walking but this would dent the roof

Kal-El

When you us a center punch you are not supposed to bang it with a hammer. Use the pin punch first buy pushing hard on it (no hammer), then use the center punch but just taping it with hammer....tap it like your tapping it on a egg. It does not take much force and it will not dent the roof.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Check with Jason at JP Customs, I believe that he sells a complete kit that uses factory parts for the roof lights.

http://www.jpcustoms.com

Joe

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've got the lights ...now just need to install and don't have any measurements. Anyone got the measurements for the lights? Don't really want to visit stealer to measure if I don't have to.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Has anyone bought these yet? We have one of these stores here in town, maybe I can grab a set. $25.00 what have I got to lose?!

Cab Lights

·
Registered
351 Posts
I installed the High Five lights also. I just drilled a center hole under each light to run the wires though and then used the suppied screws and screwed them to the roof I didn't use any sealant and mine don't leak. Here is another thread I started.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3273&PN=3Edited by: Maverick

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Duramaxdad said:
Has anyone bought these yet? We have one of these stores here in town, maybe I can grab a set. $25.00 what have I got to lose?!

Cab Lights

I think they look the same but not the same manufacturer as the Pacer/Hifive kit. I called Harbor Freight and asked them to lookup the manufacturer of the lights in their system ... the gal said they were made by 'American General'. This is not to say they are not as good as the Pacer/HiFive lights or perhaps the same thing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts