Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I know you didn't ask for opinions but check out Retrax. Don't know anyone who has a Retrax that has been unhappy with it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a roll n lock, my only complaint is the mounting system, pretty hokey for the price, other than that, good.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Anyone heard of or anyone with the Webasto E-Z power tonneau? I like the Retrax but can probably get a deal on this so was considering it. Never heard of anyone buying one before.

http://www.webasto.us/am/en/am_auto_tonneau.html

Edited by: HDLD

·
Registered
224 Posts
That looks pretty cool - I got home last night to a box sat on the door step
(don't you agree that it's like christmas when that happens
).. Should have Truxedo Low Profile on this weekend. I'll let you know what I think.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Added the Truxedo low profile last night on my own - Took me about 20 mins.. So easy to install and operate. I guess now we'll see how it stand the test of Texas storms and Michigan snow

·
Registered
224 Posts
No I dont - I'll try and get some tonight if the light holds out. Dam that time change

blwn

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a Roll N Lock and it's great if it's adjusted correctly. Some water does get into the bed but not a great deal. Very sturdy and well made.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ok - here are the pics of the Truxedo Low Profile

·
Registered
224 Posts
next

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have had three rolling covers:
1). Armor-roll - don't even think about it

2). Roll-n-lock - three major issues: i). Vinyl gets white lines on it when driving with cover open due to rubbing against aluminum slats, doesn't come off ii). Freezes shut easily in the winter. iii). Strap to open and close can get caught in driveshaft while towing

3). Retrax - best of the three IMHO but I did have some damage to my rails due to a problem with the latch, need to see what manufacturer does about it. Locks open all positions, low maintenance, does not freeze shut as easily.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Diesel Dad I have a Retrax also and love it. I was wondering what happened to your latch to mess up the side rails. Maybe I could avoid the problem if I knew what to look for.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Here is a picture of what happens to a Roll-n-lock when you drive with it locked open:

I had it replaced once and it did the same thing all over again. IMHO, I'd only buy an RNL if I planned to keep it closed almost all the time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts