Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an idea for those who want to prevent rock chips on their rocker panels. I got mine done with the same stuff that you can get your boxes lined with. But this is matched to the paint.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You can't even tell its there. I will post some pictures closer up as soon as I get the time. As you can see, it isn't even noticable.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I like it. Probably helps deaden sound too.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I was thinking of getting this done as well. My truck is white and I think I will just go with the black. I am afraid the white would stain or discolor and look worse then the black. What did it cost you?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Is that Line-X or some other company? Looks good. It doesn't take long for the gravel roads to beat the snot out of rocker panels on these trucks it seems.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The company I went with is called Armaguard Coatings. It is just like Line-X.

They can match any color, but they don't recommend white because it will yellow and stain. Any other color works and looks great. My father in law has a white gmc and he got his done in black and it looks just fine. Keep in mind that he did not go up as far as mine because it is black on white. I will put a picture of my father in laws sometime this week.

·
Registered
351 Posts
dmax,

Glad to see you on the board. Did you get a tuner yet? To bad it was raining when we went out in my truck. Got a Quadzilla Stealth 135 tuner now. Traded in the 110 I had. Works good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts