Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This looks really really sweet. I also like the stlying of there kits too bad they olny hard Furd Kits aval. right now! You guys should check out some of there stuff looks really cool!

www.rizeind.com

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
They make the horizontal kits for the halftons....nice lookin stuff.....just put a 8" on our shop truck ( 06 f250).....looks good.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just my opinion...but why is this necessary? Seems to me that I see a lot of trucks with dual resevoir shocks mounted in the conventional configuration with no problems. Seems like the bottom shock would have a faster throw and therefore greater dampening than the top shock. I guess it makes sense if you had a super long travel suspension, but the truck in the picture doesn't. Looks cool though... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
433 Posts
No offense either but this kit is all show......all the connections are single shear, the travel on each shock is different, unless the shocks are a special built shock they are not designed to work horizontally, stock upper a-arms with pressed in ball joint, etc... I give them credit for thinking Out of the Box, but this kit will not stand up to severe use.

Just my $.02,

Chris

·
Registered
362 Posts
Its all about marketing...they did this to make it easier to read what brand of shocks are on the truck. Now you don't have to tilt your head to see the name and will be able to remember teh name better!

·
Registered
808 Posts
No offense either but this kit is all show......all the connections are single shear, the travel on each shock is different, unless the shocks are a special built shock they are not designed to work horizontally, stock upper a-arms with pressed in ball joint, etc... I give them credit for thinking Out of the Box, but this kit will not stand up to severe use.

Just my $.02,

Chris
I agree all show. I'm in the process of fabbing something like this up for my truck right now. I want something different. My truck does not see abuse so it will be fine.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Ill bet I could break that setup in less than a minute.:badidea:

·
Registered
308 Posts
I was reading there site and it said it allows for the use of long travel shocks? Those dont look like long travels to me:eek:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
At the LA Auto show in the ford section there was a 06 With one of thse lifts, was surprised to see at the actuall Ford booth.

Jason

·
Registered
808 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts