Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im takin my truck in Thursday to have my lower panels and wheel wells done. Im gettin alot of rock chips and mud flaps dont help plus i dont like em anyway. I just want a quick opinion from everyone as to wether i should go all the way between the front door to the rear wheel or do you think it would look bad to only do the front door since there arent any chips past it. any pics you may have would be appreciated.

·
Registered
826 Posts
My .02

Are they going to match the silver or do it in black?

If black I think you will need to get black overfenders.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it will be black

·
Registered
800 Posts
Can't they do clear?

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
They used that stuff when they installed the cap on my wife's truck where the rubber boot rubs against the cab. Been there for 4 years now still looks like new.

Bill

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have to take mine back in next month for a little touch up work in the bed and i am going to have them do my rockers too. Only the lower part below the doors but i am going to carry it in the sill area too for a sill protector instead of the stick on plastic jobbies. My truck is black and the liner has a gloss finish to it so it won't be too noticable.

·
Registered
563 Posts
i had line-x sprayed on my rockers of my s-10 zr-2. best thing i have done i would go the whole length of the truck, if you can get the inside of the thresh hold for the door done i would recomend that. the part you are constantly stepping on when you get in and out of your truck. inside the wheel wells and have them follow the body line around to the very bottom of the tail gate. i allways get cmplements looks real sharp

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I like that idea, but what about the Fender flares? Im sure a rust hot spot is underneath those (especially where they meet the fender). Has anyone taken their fender flares off to get underneath the bottom portion of those, and re-installed them? DO they still fit?

·
Registered
922 Posts
LINE-X'd rocker panels and fender flareswith Nason for NO-fading. Remember, LINE-X literally has more than double the tear strength of Rhino.

(Sorry, scanned pics.)

Non-fading color match LINE-X'd rockers:

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
LINE-X'd rocker panels and fender flareswith Nason for NO-fading. Remember, LINE-X literally has more than double the tear strength of Rhino.

(Sorry, scanned pics.)

Non-fading color match LINE-X'd rockers:
Did you have it sprayed over top of the flares or underneath?

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
On top. There's really no reason to spray underneath although it can be done if the flare is removable.
Reason being is all the grit and moisture that accumulates under the flares and rubs the paint due to vibration.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
pics when you get it done please

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
pics in my garage

·
Registered
133 Posts
You like the Rhino? I switched this time to Line-X and like it a lot better than the Rhino. The Line-X dealer I used does a lot of rocker panels on trucks. I didn't have mine done. I did the bed and over the rail.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts