Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to put 285 Revo's on my stock truck. I heard that some have to make any changes to the front end? I've heard some only had to crank the T-bars up a little.

Any comments from guys running 285 Revo's will be appreciated...

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I think im in the minroity here, but my buddy put revos on his dmax before it got stolen and i was not all all impressed w/the tread pattern..Looked like car tire tread...Id be scared to even get in wet grass w/it let alone in the mud. Unless its a pavement king only id check out some other tires...
But that'sjust my opinon...

·
Registered
851 Posts
I put 285 Revos on my truck. I wire tied the emergency brake cable back, trimmed the driver side fenderliner(front only). That is all I had to do. Torsion bars were not cranked and it even worked with snow plow hanging on front.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I had 265 Revo's on my Dmax and I was passing my buddies with their BFG A/T's and M/T's in the snow, mud and "wet grass"! They have been the best tires I have ever run on this truck!

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
What about tread wear and pulling. I pull an 11,500 LB camper. Will they hold up?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I had 265 Revo's on my Dmax and I was passing my buddies with their BFG A/T's and M/T's in the snow, mud and "wet grass"! They have been the best tires I have ever run on this truck!
I wont argue w/ya, because i never saw them in action personally. My buddy said that he did try to go out and pull out a stuck jeep up some mud trail at his colllege once and he was disappointed... Are there different versions' of the revo or just one..?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think im in the minroity here, but my buddy put revos on his dmax before it got stolen and i was not all all impressed w/the tread pattern..Looked like car tire tread...Id be scared to even get in wet grass w/it let alone in the mud. Unless its a pavement king only id check out some other tires...
But that'sjust my opinon...
I've read a lot of reviews on Revo's but never this! Are you SURE they were Revo's? Might want to check that again. Bridgestone makes other tires with "dueler" on the sidewall, but only one with "Revo" on it.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sold on the Revo's. Just need info on 285's fitting the truck. I need to make sure I won't have to cut anything.... just crank the Tbars.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Yes im positive it was the Revo, because when he told me that's what he got, i commented how many people here raved about them.This looks like the tread here.
http://www.treffs.com/bridgestone/Dueler_AT_Revo.html

But anyways, i ran my 285's for over a yr w/no t-bar cranking and virtually no rubbing issues on stock rims. Only time it would slighty rub would be if i was lobsided(like a rd ditch) and had the wheel turned, it would catch...

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes im positive it was the Revo, because when he told me that's what he got, i commented how many people here raved about them.This looks like the tread here.
http://www.treffs.com/bridgestone/Dueler_AT_Revo.html

But anyways, i ran my 285's for over a yr w/no t-bar cranking and virtually no rubbing issues on stock rims. Only time it would slighty rub would be if i was lobsided(like a rd ditch) and had the wheel turned, it would catch...
Yes, that's the Revo. However, they look more aggressive up close than the photo shows. (The sipes are larger.)

Thanks for the info on the clearance issues :). What year is your truck?

Sure like your Avatars !!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
my truck is an 03... i cranked my bars 5 turns couple weeks ago and doubt ill ever have rubbing issues now..

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had Bridgestone Dueler REVOs on my Tundra that I just traded in on the DMAX. They were the best light truck tire I have used over the past 30 years. Dry, Rain, Snow, Whatever. They were great. I am thinking about dumping the Runway tires the dealer stuck on my truck and putting a set on the Silverado.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts