Diesel Place banner
141 - 160 of 234 Posts
Discussion starter · #141 ·
Pretty colors under the hood. Are they color coordinated?thatd be pretty cool. I have a little fuse panel like that in my shell for various lights or power options
This truck isn't really all that color coordinated. I'm running out of the convoluted tubing and need to order more from Summit Racing. My 94 K2500HD AKA shop ornament is more so.

Attachments

Reactions: Injectorsaurus
Eh that thing is too pretty. Doesn't look like it is used. Need more oil leaks!

Discussion starter · #143 ·
Dude does that big blue cable go to dash fuse panel. And damnit I need more time to play with giant charging cables
No, that is the piece of 12-3 extension cord I used for the power and ground for the brake controller.
I found some very nice fuse blocks on ebay tonight. They have LED indicators and the clear cover and appear to have room to use auto-circuit breakers in. Single input stud:thumb: also. The bad is that they won't fit under the black cover.

Link to the eBay fuse block?

Subscribed!!

Ok I was gonna be way too jealous to be sane

Discussion starter · #146 ·
Discussion starter · #147 ·
Eh that thing is too pretty. Doesn't look like it is used. Need more oil leaks!
That 94 hasn't been run yet. It has a new reman 599 block. It has been sitting in my shop for 4 years. Not a lot left to finish on it.

Yeah it did look too pretty. And how am. I gonna copy cat you if I don't get that fuse. Block too..... So I. Bought one!

Discussion starter · #149 ·
Center consoles

So, I dug out the wood center console out of the 93 burb that the Flexsteel seats came out of.:eek: It needs some repairs and mounting tabs. It also needs to be stripped and sanded and new varnish. :rolleyes: Not a great choice but manageable.

I also got the red factory console out of my 94 parts truck. Actually only had to lift it out because all 4 mounting tabs were broke off:bawl: The tabs that hold the 2 halves together were also broken. I'm pretty sure I can fix it with some steel and pop rivets or self drilling screws. Looks to be less work than the wood one.

Choice #3 is to use a grey console out of a 94 burb and paint it to match the red interior. All the mounting tabs are good on that one but the tabs to hold the halves together are broke :banghead:
Another choice would be to try to find a "Good" used one on craigslist or at a junkyard. Could spend hours and lots of miles looking:confuzeld:thumbsdow

I've never painted/dyed anything plastic/vinyl before. I have no idea what would be a good brand of matching paint. Any input would be appreciated.
Thoughts on which one I should fix first and use? I have matching wood panels for the doors and dash if I use the wood one.

Attachments

Duplicolor has a couple of good videos on Youtube, painting vinyl dash, consoles, armrest, etc..

Man nothing screams old car like wood! Go with the plastic and vinyl. Or custom make one and wrap it. I redid my 91 all blues. And added some silver accents. One accent was an easy center console (over seat) and put a sealed Gatorade bottle ready cup holders and curved it to match the seat. It's nice to rest your arm on something while driving. So a red or black covered box would. Be. Nice.

Discussion starter · #152 ·
The Flexsteel seats both have 2 arm rests built into them. I think the wood is better looking if it is all refinished. The dash and door panels kind of balance it out.

Well they did look. Good out of the showroom floor and Mercedes and rolls still use wood accents

I always vote for wood grain!!!

As a matter of fact, I'm removing my red OEM center console to build a custom wood one.:coolnana:

Discussion starter · #155 ·
I repaired the stock grey console tonight. It only had broken tabs that hold the 2 sides together. It's more solid now than when it was new. The red factory console will be more challenging since the mounting ears are all broke off also. I'll get pics of the repair tomorrow. Nothing is visible from the outside.

I'm sure you'll keep us up to date. Any info on mpg yet?

Discussion starter · #157 ·
I'm sure you'll keep us up to date. Any info on mpg yet?
I haven't driven it much. I'll have to look at the option sticker again. I think it has 3.70 gears. It doesn't rev like my gasser burb with 4.10s.
I haven't checked the odometer with mile markers yet either.[no GPS] The tires are 265-16. OE was 245-16.

Discussion starter · #158 ·
Test run repairs to spare console

Some pics of the tin plates used to repair the 4 broken tabs that hold the 2 halves of the console together. This console is out of a 94 burb. I used self drilling screws to hold it together . Pop rivets would work as well.

Attachments

It's ready for a drawer and a .45acp or cb radio. Too many options

Discussion starter · #160 ·
I'm missing the tray-rear cup holder for this one. I thought about painting it red but I have 2 sets of grey bucket seats it can go with. I hope to get the red console repaired tonight. The wood console is last.
Last night I looked at a wood console in my 94 1500 . It had a thick epoxy finish on it. It was all cracked up. I'm guessing too much extreme temperature swings. I'm thinking of trying Minwax Polycrylic water base semi-gloss finish. I used it on my kitchen cabinets and some doors. It seems to be very durable.
Does anyone have experience with another wood finish that can take the extreme temps that a interior gets?

Attachments

141 - 160 of 234 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.