Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I was reving the engine, truck in park, engine warm, and it would not rev over about 2000 rpms. In nuetral it would rev as normal. Is there a rev limiter that functions only in park, or do I have a problem? BTW, the truck seems to drive normally.

Kevin

·
Registered
125 Posts

Kevin,
Why in H--l are you sitting all alone parked & reving your engine to Red Line???????

Kevin,...... Have you been seeing too much Red lately? Too much Smoke???? ..... Try wearing a Scott next time you run in where sane people run out of!!!

Try to save a few of those prescious little cells up there....... Get a-Lot-of Fresh Air, take 2 asprins & soak it for a while, .....you'll be OK..

Better yet, take a trip, to maybe----- Hanson? & come see my New Ride I just picked up today!

I've got just 20 miles on her & I'm just beginning to understand the Beauty in the Beast!!!

Paul

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Fireman said:
Tonight I was reving the engine, truck in park, engine warm, and it would not rev over about 2000 rpms. In nuetral it would rev as normal. Is there a rev limiter that functions only in park, or do I have a problem? BTW, the truck seems to drive normally.

Kevin

If so you found it ...Never tried it myself ,although I know mine revs to 1800 with High Idle on level III....

Mac

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is not a habit of mine...I reved it twice, only to let a co-worker hear the exhaust. Just the same, I thought it unusual that it stopped at 2k.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Was you High Idle Switch on? Is so that will limit your RPM's to about 2000 no matter how hard you step on the accelerator.

·
Registered
211 Posts
No need to wire a high idle switch anymore, just throw a brick on the go pedal!
Edited by: Professor

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
dave's fast idle kit just .50 cents for parts
$129.95 for the instructions

80 thousand in stock at the moment 1 million on order
Edited by: sdaver

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
sdaver said: