Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I retrofitted the '03 signal mirror glass onto my '02 Silverado mirrors. Even though the '02 wiring isn't technically compatible with the '03 and doesn't have the extra plug, it was relatively simple to hook up the mirror signals to the proper '02 wires. The problem I'm having is figuring out which wire to hook the electrochromic feature to. I've looked over the wiring schematics for both the '02 and '03s and still can't figure it out. I had gotten info that this feature operates on 1.5 volts instead of 12 and should be spliced into the ISRV mirror using the pink wire. I tested that lead and it registered 12 volts. This would burn out the electro feature pretty quick. I also tested the pink wire from the BCM and it also registers 12 volts. Either I've gotten info that was incorrect or I'm missing something. Is there possibly an in-line resistor on the '03s? Would you have any info that could help?
---what my wife thinks I am *L*

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
oops sorry Eric. Edited by: Max Power

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The good people at JP Customs answered my questions....You have to tie into the ISRV mirror through the overhead console.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Baco,
How much was the glass vs just buying the mirror assemblies? Thanks

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got mine on Ebay from Street-Inspired-Kustoms for $100. I think he's selling them for $105 right now. He had 5 sets for sale last time I looked (11/7/03). I know he sells the complete '03 mirrors also, but I don't know the price of those. He's a good guy to deal with, sends wiring diagrams and installation instructions. I'd bet he figured out that electrochromic hookup also. I was one of the first to buy the glass from him, about 6 months ago, so at the time he didn't know. After I asked them, JPCustoms.com sent me the complete instructions for wiring up the '03 mirrors to 99-02's wiring. I'm going to tackle that this weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts