Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Was looking at the Retrax Rolltop and am looking for some feedback from some long term Retrax owners. The cover is a hard plastic and rolls up. Where are the hinge points? Is the plastic thinner between the beams where it can act as a compliant type hinge? If so, has any one had issues with the hinge wearing out over time and splitting? If that is not how it works, how does the cover roll up? Thanks.

Greg

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
No hinge points. Basically the polycarbonate is cut out every few inches on the under side. The polycarbonate is corrugated. Think cardboard. This allows it to be flexible enough to roll up nice.

Some of the older ones used a thinner polcarbonate and they split with time. Most lasted about 5 years or so. Retrax has been very good at helping out customers who's covers split over time. The new ones seem to be much more durable and I don't think they will ever give trouble.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have had my Retrax for 2 1/2 years now. Had it on a 2002 2500 HD and just bought a 2004 3500. Planning to re-install on the 04 as soon as I get the Rhino Liner done this week.

I love the cover and have had no problems with mine for the past 30 months.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Max Power - When you say 5 years or so what kind of use (open/close) are you talking about? Daily? Weekly? Hardly Ever? Thanks.

Greg

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
once a day kinda thing. The new material will last a lot longer. I doubt it will ever give a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts