Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have a brand new Gen 3 retrax box cover for sale. I would prefer to sell it within Canada because of shipping. $1000 Canadian.

This fits short box chevs.

Edited by: Max Power

·
Registered
239 Posts
<font color="blue">I'm looking to buy a retrax soon why are ya sellin it WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT
What can ya tell me about it.</font>

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing is wrong with it. It is brand new in box. I am a retrax retailer. Let me know if your interested. What do you want to know about it? If you want I can PM you my phone # or pm me yours and I can call you.

·
Registered
239 Posts
<font color="blue">Hey thats great that you're retrax dealer, what is the price on one for GMC 6 1/2" box and then what are the shipping costs? I thought that you were selling the one off of your own truck and was curious why? I've seen the ad on the net and know a little about them, but was wondering if any one had any complaints or compliments on the retrax. Also they said there is a new style for 04'; is it better? Do they only make em in one color black? Might be like a OVEN under cover in mid summer in hot days
How do they hold up after a few years in climates like northern Wisconsin and the U.P. of Michigan If "the price is right" you'll have another customer </font>

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The new style is the Gen 3 which started production in early 03. They are the same as in the picture above. The Gen 2 had a hump up front above the canister. They only come in black. I suppose it would get fairly hot under the cover but I have had a retrax since they first came out and I have never experienced it to be a problem. And yes it gets hot here too. They hold up very well in all climates, I am in Canada so I can tell you that they hold up very well in the winter. They are mafactured in Grand Forks ND so they had the cold climate in mind when designing them. Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
54 Posts
BlueCrew 04 D/A SB GMC

I live in the UP of Michigan & have a Retrax (old style), I love it, would not be without it.

Only effect I ever saw the weather have on it was a freeze up in the winter (freezing rain). I just fired up my portable ice fishing heater & put it inside the box & closed the tailgate, kept moving it every couple minutes & the cover was thawed out enough to open/close within 10 minutes. They are pricey, but like everything else....you get what you pay for !!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Max,

Is it true you can order them notched from the factory for the bed stake pockets?

If so, have you seen any pre-cut, and do the notches line up well?

How much for an '02 3500?

Thanks,

Kevin

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes you can get them notched out for the stake pockets. They line up well.

I still prefer not to have them notched unless absolutely necessary.

You have PM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.