Diesel Place banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
retractable hard tonneau cover for my 06 Silverado 2500 Long Bed

looking for a retractable hard tonneau cover.
Haven’t really seen many in person. Anybody have any luck (good or bad) with any?
Looking for something that does not require drilling.
Don’t really want something that sits on top of the rails, inside the rails would be nice.
The Pace Edwards Jack Rabbit Full Metal looks pretty decent. Does anyone have one?
Wondering about the size of the box in the front of the bed

thanks guys

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
The absolute only way to go is the Retrax. www.rolltopcover.com

It is hands down the best retractable cover on the market.

It takes up 11" from the front of the box and there is a space of about 10" under the canister. I can't remember the exact space under the canister but it is close to that.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/garage.php?do=big&p=353

Here is my Pace Edwards cover. It's my second truck to have one. The new one is improved over the last one, no key is required any longer. You can't go wrong with one.

Note: For security you need a tailgate lock on a GM tailgate, or you can add a simple bolt latch on the inside.

·
Registered
513 Posts
retractable hard tonneau cover for my 06 Silverado 2500 Long Bed

looking for a retractable hard tonneau cover.
Haven’t really seen many in person. Anybody have any luck (good or bad) with any?
Looking for something that does not require drilling.
Don’t really want something that sits on top of the rails, inside the rails would be nice.
The Pace Edwards Jack Rabbit Full Metal looks pretty decent. Does anyone have one?
Wondering about the size of the box in the front of the bed

thanks guys
Another happy Retrax guy. Have had several compliments on mine.

Dave

·
Registered
825 Posts
Anyone have a rough estimate of what a Retrax would cost on an 8' bed?

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
$949 is suggested retail (long box). Some will sell for less but they aren't allowed to advertise for less.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
i got a retrax cover off of ebay for 350 installed, the thing is great looking, and mine is a 8 foot bed as well.
robert

·
Registered
500 Posts
peragon cover

It doesn't sit on the bed rails, but "floats" above them (still allowing for bed rail accessories, stake pocket use, etc) but still provides a good seal. I actually had to drill 2 holes, but that was in my plastic liner only to get to the stake pocket holes on inside the bed.

·
Registered
825 Posts
peragon cover

It doesn't sit on the bed rails, but "floats" above them (still allowing for bed rail accessories, stake pocket use, etc) but still provides a good seal. I actually had to drill 2 holes, but that was in my plastic liner only to get to the stake pocket holes on inside the bed.
I was just looking at those. They're relatively inexpensive at $550 for an 8' bed and $500 for a 7.5' bed. They seem to be nicely built and durable.

The only cover I have first hand experience with is the Fold-A-Cover. It is a light metal covered in a plastic and easily folds in sections to to stack at the front of the bed. I have one on an 8' utility body and it was custom ordered directly from the manufacturer. It works well for what I use it for.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I was just looking at those. They're relatively inexpensive at $550 for an 8' bed and $500 for a 7.5' bed. They seem to be nicely built and durable.

The only cover I have first hand experience with is the Fold-A-Cover. It is a light metal covered in a plastic and easily folds in sections to to stack at the front of the bed. I have one on an 8' utility body and it was custom ordered directly from the manufacturer. It works well for what I use it for.
I think it's a deal/good bang for the buck. I've had no problems so far and it seems to be holding up very well. I ended up ordering the tailgate lock as well and sealed around the tailgate. Easy installs.

I was originally looking at the Fold-A-Cover as well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Retrax!!

They work great in cold weather, don't rattle or leak. Plus easy install.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Retrax is good stuff. mine was cut to a custom length to fit with the toolbox and when it showed up it fit perfect. It's been on the truck for about a year now and it's held up to seattle rain and lots of snow in the mountains just fine.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Another vote for Retrax here. Can't beat Tony for customer service either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts