Diesel Place banner

261 - 268 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Thank you!
No problem

I have a special respect for people who take the hard road and buy the older truck and give it new life.

That makes way more sense than spending 45K on a truck that gets used once a week:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Well I needed a repair. Cylinder 1 glow plug went out. It doesn't really affect anything except the annoying fact that the remote start is disabled. The funny thing is the computer lets it start, but then sees the code and shuts it down after the glow plugs already did their job :)
I pulled the inner fender off, used a little anti-seize, and torqued the new plug and nut to spec.
I also cleaned up the dirt trapped between the inner fender and the fender. I touched up the paint also before putting it back in. Good to go again.
I really need to wash my truck at some point, but I only use it when I actually need to haul or pull something.
I use a little lithium grease on my exterior fastener threads. This keeps the threads and mating fastener from corroding and everything comes apart easy the next time just like it did this time.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
I have only put about 5700 miles on it since I got it in April of 2016. This includes before, during, and after fixing it up. I only drive it when I actually need a truck.
Otherwise, my car can get 47 MPG and gets all the mileage. I got the car 4 months after the truck and I am already creeping up to 50k miles.

·
Registered
940 Posts
:thumb::thumb:

awesome

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #267 (Edited)
Finally got around to doing the oil change. I also ordered and installed a Fumoto F106N valve to make the next oil change even easier. The hard part of this one was getting the filter off. Even though I hand tightened, I guess it was still too tight. Had a heck of a time removing it.
I was only at 30% oil life after all this time. I don't use the truck except when I actually need a truck, so I really changed it due to time.
Not much else to report. The truck is still running great. I did have to send back my Edge Insight CTS2 because the touch screen went bad. They replaced it for no charge even though it was past the warranty time. It was hardly used though.
The bed cover is still working great, so I think that was a good choice for the price. Having it roll up out of the way completely makes it more handy than some of the hard ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow, what a thread. So much great information! I just purchased a LMM with 140k on the clock for towing and can't wait to start the process. I hope mine ends up half as nice as yours.

261 - 268 of 268 Posts